19.

Chapter 19

“Because I don’t know, I don’t know what happened.” He took a few steps forward, carefully pulling Jiang Tang’s sleeves, and begging her with tears: “Mama, don’t divorce Papa. Don’t want Chu Yi……”

“I’ll be very obedient, just don’t leave me.” 

He was so scared, too scared to the point he was unable to hold his tears, too scared that his whole body was so cold.

He knew that he’s an elder brother, so he has to yield for his younger brother and sister, be sensible, strong, and be a good brother.

But…..

He doesn’t want to be without a mother.

“Chu Yi.” Jiang Tang held his face, “I just want to know why you encourage your brother to put a pushpin in mama’s shoe?”

Chu Yi was suddenly stunned: “I didn’t do it…..”

Suddenly, his face completely changed and asked with a trembling voice: “Was it A Wu?”

A strange name came from his mouth which made Jiang Tang stunned for a while. She then looked at Chu Yi and asked with a softened voice: “Who is A Wu?”

“A Wu is A Wu ah.” Chu Yi tilted his head: “He always said he doesn’t like Liangshen, and likes to prank others. Did he hurt you?” 

When Chu Yi asked her, there was a deep uneasiness and fear in his eyes.

Her throat was like stuck with a thorn, making her briefly speechless.

Jiang Tang felt the chills on her back, looking at the pure and innocent child in front of her, she realized that things might not be as she thought.

“Chu Yi, you go back to your room first.”

Chu Yi nodded. After taking two steps, he looked back and asked: “Mama, will you divorce papa?”

“You go back to rest first.”

He didn’t ask anymore, closed the door and returned to his room silently.

Sitting at the small desk, Chu Yi holding a pencil, but he couldn’t write half a word.

He pursed his lips, and suddenly began to write on the paper: “Did you let Shen Shen put the nail in the shoe?”

His wrist slid down and started a new line. Compared to his previous line of gentle handwriting, this time his writing was very messy and scribbled, as if written by an adult.

[I just don’t want mama to leave you.]

Chu Yi frowned and wrote: I don’t like you doing this.

[I’m protecting you.]

He bit his lip: I don’t want you to hurt mama. You also did that last time.

[I’ve been protecting you since the beginning, why are you angry?”

The movement of his wrist became faster, and the pencil fell heavily on the paper. He seemed as if  in a state of madness, the fragile paper was pulled out like a deep scar.

[Why?]

[Why?]

[Why?]

Two pages of papers have filled up with countless “Why”, it wasn’t until the tip of the pencil broke, he finally recovered his mind. 

When Chu Yi recovered, he stared blankly at the mess in front of him. A moment later, he laid on the table and sob weakly. 

Jiang Tang stayed in the room for a while. When she turned around and found that Liangshen was still standing in the yard, she asked Xiao Gao to take Liangshen back to his room and made a phone call to Lin Suizhou. The line was connected but on one answer. She stared at the bright screen and tried to call him over and over again. Finally, the sound of the female voice operator came from the other line saying that the phone had shut down.