Chapter 48

Salaam everyone. I've noticed that after every single chapter I post, a lot of people freak out and say "that's the end?!' It's the end of the chapter. Not the book. I promise when it is the end of the book, I will make it really clear. Also, rude comments will not be tolerated, and will be deleted right away. Let's all try to be nice please :) Again, excuse any mistakes, didn't have time to edit.

Stay awesome!

Hudayfah gave Jenna one last kiss, before putting a hand under her chin.

"Be strong darling. I'll see you soon InshaAllah." He said, and she nodded, putting her hands on his cheeks.

"You too." She whispered, and he smiled, brushing his lips over her forehead.

"Okay you two. Let's get going Hudayfah, it would be really annoying if my cover got blown because you two couldn't stop kissing!" Issam said in slight irritation from where he stood in the doorway, and Hudayfah shook his head in amusement before following him out the door. As it closed behind him, Jenna drew her knees up to her chest, from where she sat on the bed, and let out a deep sigh.

After a week and a half of not even seeing him, to be able to be in his arms again was so overwhelmingly wonderful that she was still having a little trouble catching her breath. They hadn't done much beyond just sitting with each other, but it had been enough, and she really was starting to feel stronger now that she knew he was safe.

She looked at her watch, before laying down on the bed. It had officially been four hours since Jamaal had brought them here, and she hoped Muhsin was okay. She hadn't seen her brother since they had entered the apartment, and even though Issam had assured her he was going to be okay, she couldn't help but worry.

This wasn't a game they were playing. This was a real life situation that was dangerous and potentially fatal. While yes, it was a comfort to know that they had the FBI on their side, with someone as crazy as Jamaal, anything could go wrong, and it worried her.   

As she shifted to her side, tucking her hands under her head on the pillow, her eyes widened in surprise before she started laughing. On the wall was written 'Emma was here...unfortunately' and underneath that were tally marks which obviously amounted to the days her sister had spent in captivity.

Well that was heartbreaking.

As much as she hated to be there, she would rather be stuck in that room instead of one of her sisters. It had been an absolute nightmare imagining all the horrors Emma had been going through, and she hoped soon InshaAllah all of this would be just a distant memory.

She closed her eyes, trying to push all of the anxiety about what was to come out of her head, and just as she was about to drift off to sleep, the door flung open, and she shot up, startled to see Jamaal standing in the doorway.

"Hello love." He said after a few awkward seconds of him just staring at her, and she shifted uncomfortably.

"Hi."

"Well at least you are polite. Emma was not." He said, coming over and joining her on the bed, and she scooted away, pulling her legs underneath her. This was not the first time he was comparing her to Emma, and it was getting really annoying.

"Maybe Emma is only nice to people who deserve it?" she asked, and Jamaal raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"You know she said something very similar to me. You're confusing me love. One minute I think you're the same, and the other I think you are totally different!" he exclaimed, and she glared at him.

"May I help you with something?" she asked, and he crossed his arms over his chest, staring down at her.

"Actually yes." He waited another beat of silence, obviously trying to pique her curiosity, yet she wasn't going to give into him, so she kept her face blank, and eventually he gave a sigh of resignation. "Do you know Laith?" he asked, and for a second panic seized her heart. Oh my God she couldn't blow his cover! It would ruin everything! She and Muhsin and Hudayfah would be in real danger!