Chapter 1

*JIM'S POV*

"Sam! Come on, it's time to get up. I gotta take you to school and Ben to daycare before I go to work." I say, banging on her door. Then, I hear noise from inside her bedroom. I open the door to see Ben sitting up in his crib. "Where's Mommy?" I ask him. He points to her bathroom as he drinks from his sippy cup.

I open the bathroom door to find her leaning her head on the toilet seat, not looking too good. "You're not pregnant again, are you?" I ask. "Fuck you, and no I'm not." She says right before getting sick again. I rush forward to hold her hair and rub her back.

After we establish that she's done getting sick, I help her to her bed. "I'll be right back. I gotta call my boss and let him know I'm not coming in today." I tell her. She grabs my hand before I leave and says, "No, Jim. It's only your second week there, it'll look bad if you take off now."

"Someone needs to look after you. And you can't watch Ben if you're so sick. How about this," I say, ready to make a deal with her. "I get Mrs. Perry from next door to look after you two today and if you're not feeling better, I'm taking tomorrow off." "Okay." She agrees.

I walk next door and knock on Mrs. Perry's door. "Oh, Jim! I wasn't expecting to see you. Shouldn't you be at work?" She asks as she opens the door. "Well Mrs. Perry, I was wondering if you could watch Sam and Ben today. She's sick but she wants me to go to work but she can't watch the baby alone because she's getting sick so much." I explain. "Of course, I would love to watch them for the day. Now, you get to work, I'll take care of the kids."

"Thank you so much Mrs. Perry! I owe you one!" I shout as I run to my car.

I get to work about 5 minutes late, and run to the locker room to get changed. I walk out and Chris says, "Why we're you late today?" "It was five minutes and if you must know, I had something come up this morning that needed to be taken care of." I tell her.

It's been a slow day with no calls coming in and I've spent the whole day worrying about Sam. Next thing I know, my phone is going off with an unknown number. I answered it with furrowed brows. "Jim Street." "Jim, it's Mrs. Perry." "Hey, is everything okay?" I ask,. getting me concerned looks from the others. "She's fine for now but I thought I'd let you know that she's spiked a fever and if it gets any higher she might need to go to the hospital."

"Oh geez, okay. Let me know if it gets any worse." I say. "Don't worry, I will." She says and hangs up. When I turn back around the others are all looking at me. "Everything good, man?" Deacon asks.
"Everything's peachy." I mumble.

An hour later, I get another call from Mrs. Perry. "Hello?" I ask. "Jim, it's Sam, her fever went up to a 106. We need to get her to the hospital." "Okay, I'm on my way." I say. I start running towards the exit, only to get stopped by Chris, Luca, and Tan. "Where you going man?" Luca asks. "Tell Hondo that I had an emergency and had to leave!" I shout at them before continuing out the door.

I use one of the chargers because I took my bike to work today, and speed towards my house.

When I get there, I run into the house to see Mrs. Perry getting stuff together for Ben. "Where is she?" I ask. "Still her room." She responded. I race up the stairs and into her room. She's laying in her bed, sweating and pale. "Hey Sam. Let's get you up and in the car, okay?" I say. She nods her head weakly and I put her arm around my shoulder and hold her waist to keep her upright. I get her to the car and go back inside to get Ben. I had quickly strapped a car seat in and put him in. I waved goodbye to Mrs. Perry and sped off towards the hospital.

Once we got checked in, they took us back to a room to do some tests. While waiting, I sat beside her bed, keeping Ben occupied so that he doesn't cause a disturbance.

*LUCA'S POV*

"What was that about?" I ask as Chris, Tan and I watch Street run out the door. "No idea, let's find out." Chris says as we walk to the main room in HQ where everyone else is. "So, Street just ran out." Tan said and everyone snapped their heads to where we were. "What do you mean he just ran out?" Hondo asks. "He told us to tell you he had an emergency and that he had to leave." Chris says, shrugging her shoulder.

Deacon gets on one of the computers and says, "Well, he took one of the chargers." "Where is it right now?" Hondo asks. "The hospital." Deacon responds, confused.

"Let's go." Tan suggests and we all leave and pile into the other chargers and head to the hospital.

We get there and head inside, Hondo and Deacon going to the front desk, the rest of us hanging back by the doors.

They walk back to us and tell us that Street hasn't been checked in but there is someone else named Street that is.

"Chris, why don't you give our boy a call?" Hondo asks and she pulls out her phone.

*JIM'S POV*

I'm playing with Ben while waiting on the doctor when my phone rings. I pull it out and see that Chris is calling. Sighing, I answer it. "Hello?" Ask. "Where are you right now? You're on speaker by the way." She says. "I told you I had an emergency." I said. "Come to the lobby." Hondo says and I sigh again. "Okay." I say and hang up.

I look at Sam sleeping before I pick Ben up and walk to the elevator. I push the lobby button and we start going down. "Go bye bye?" Ben asks. "No, bud. We're going for a walk. We're going to meet some friends, how does that sound?" I ask him. "Friends!" He cheers and I chuckle.

We get off the elevator and I immediately see the group standing in the corner. Their eyes all visibly widen when they see that I have a kid in my arms. "I didn't know you had a kid, Street." Luca says, looking at Ben. "I don't." I say. "Then why are you holding one?" Chris asks. "He's my nephew." I say. "Why didn't you tell us you had a sister?" Hondo asks me. "Well.i didn't really think it was your business, plus it wasn't in my file that you guys looked at because she's still a minor. Her records are sealed." I tell them.

"Wait if she's still a minor and she has a kid, how old is she?" Tan asks. "She's 16." I say and their eyes widen again.

Eventually, I let them come up to her room so I can go back to waiting for the doctor. When we get back she's asleep so we stand in the doorway. "What are their names?" Chris asks. "This is Ben and that's Samantha, or Sam." I tell them. "If you don't mind us asking, how did this little one come along?" Luca asks. "Well when two people like each other-" I start but get cut off. "Okay smartass." He responds before Deacon smack him upside the head saying, "Dude, there's a kid right there!" making the rest of us laugh.

"Well, when she was 14 she started getting sick all the time so I took her to the doctor and they told us that she was pregnant. When she told her jerk of an ex boyfriend, he told her he never wanted to see her or the baby ever again and a week later, his family moved to Montana. It's just been the 3 of us for the past 2 years." I tell them.

"Wow. She was only 14? She must have been so scared." Deacon said. "Oh she was. She was terrified, but she knew I was there and that I would be there every step of the way so she was fine after a while." I tell them. "Well when she gets better, we would love to meet her officially." Hondo says before they leave.

After another hour, the doctor comes back saying she has a really bad stomach flu and should be fine in a couple of days after she takes the antibiotics they are giving her.

I take her home and put her and Ben to bed before passing out on the couch.

A/N: LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR!