Chapter 5

I put Ben to bed about an hour ago and since then I've been texting Jack, trying to set up plans to work on the project we have to do together.

As soon as we made plans for him to come over tomorrow, Ben sits up in his crib. "What's wrong, baby?" I ask him.

"Somefing's under the bed." He says, pointing at the area under my bed. "No, baby, there's nothing under the bed. Go back to sleep." I say.

He tried to go back to sleep but about 20 minutes later, he sits back up and says, "Who standing in corner?"

"Oh hell no." I say before grabbing Ben and going to Jim's room. I quietly open the door and as soon as I shut it, the lamp beside the bed turns on. "What are you doing?" Jim asks, sleepily.

"Can we sleep with you?" I asked. "Why?" He asks, looking more confused by the second. "Ben woke up saying he was scared of something under the bed, I told him to go back to sleep. Then he woke back up again and said there was someone standing in the corner and I'm really freaked out." I explain.

Jim sighs before moving the covers back. Once we settled into bed with him, he turns the lamp back off so we can go to sleep.

*Jim's POV*

I walk into HQ after dropping Sam off at school, a little more tired than usual. "Dude, you look rough." Tan points out as I walk to where everyone else was.

"Yeah well, when you have feet digging into your back all night, you don't sleep very well." I say as everyone tunes into the conversation. "What are you talking about?" Chris asks.

"Sam and Ben slept in my bed with me last night." "What? I watched Sam put Ben to sleep last night in her room." Luca says. "Yeah well she said that Ben was scared of something under the bed and then he said there was someone in the corner of their room and it freaked her out pretty bad." I explain.

"Wow. You forget she's still just a kid too." Deacon says and I nod.

*Sam's POV*

School is officially over for the day which means that it is volleyball practice time, then after that Rocker is picking Ben and I up to meet Jim at headquarters so he and Luca can take us home. Then I have to clean before Jack comes over to work on the project. Fun day.

After changing, we stretch before playing a practice game against each other. It was going good until I lost sight of the ball for one second and get smacked in the head by it, hard.

The force was so strong, it knocked me to the floor. "Ow!" I yell, holding where it hit me on the eye. The coach and my teammates all crowd around me, trying to make sure I'm okay.

"Are you okay? Mickey, go get the trainer." Coach Johnson tells my friend. She nods before running into the gym office.

Not a second later, she comes running back out with the trainer, Garrett. He runs to my side, telling the others to back up, only letting the coach stay.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" He asks. I look at his hand, seeing 4. "Four." I say. "Okay, good. Follow my finger with your eyes." He says. I follow the finger in front of my face for a minute before he says, "I don't think you have a concussion but you'll definitely have a bad bruise because it's already starting to form. Let's go get you some ice."

I get some ice and put it on my eye. Coach makes me sit on the sidelines for the rest of practice because she wants to make sure I don't hurt myself further.

Practice finally ends about 30 minutes later, and I walk outside to Rocker's car. "What the heck happened to you?" He asks as soon as I get in. "Caught a ball in the face." I say. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, the trainer said he doesn't think I have a concussion but to still be careful for the next few hours just in case. Is it really that bad?" I ask.

He nods his head and I pull down the visor to get a look for myself. I gasp as I look at it. It's already turning really purple, I can only imagine what it will look like tomorrow.

"Holy shit." I say as I close the visor. "Holy shit." I hear a small voice echo from the backseat. My eyes widen as I look in the back and see Ben. "I probably should have told you I got him already." Rocker breathes out. "You think?" I say before I turn to Ben. "Ben honey, don't say that, that's a bad word." I tell him.

"Bad word." He says. Rocker then pulls out of the parking lot and we're on our way to HQ.

I walk in with all my stuff and Ben in my arms. The entire 20 David team turns to me as they hear Ben start yelling for Jim and Luca. "What happened to you?" Deacon asks as they walk over, Luca taking Ben from me.

"She caught a ball with her face." Rocker says as he walks up with Mumford. "Dang kid, that's going to be one heck of a bruise." Mumford says. "Tell me about it. It hit me so hard it knocked me to the ground." I say.

Jim then comes up and starts touching around my eye. "Ow, dude." I say, swatting his hand away.

"Well it was nice seeing you guys but we need to get going, I have to clean the house." I say. "What, you got a guy coming over or something?" Hondo teases. I just look at him and realization sets in all of their faces. "Oh my God, you do!" Tan says. "Is he hot?" He then asks. "Yes actually, he is." I say. "Is this the same guy you told Annie and I about?" Chris asks.

"Maybe." I say say with a shrug, walking away.

*Jim's POV*

We watch as Sam walks away. "We definitely need to have a chat with this kid." Deacon says as I say. "Oh most definitely." And the rest of the team agrees. Even Mumford said, "Count us in too."

Luca and I then go outside to the car to get all of us home. When we get there, Sam immediately sets Ben up with some of his toys and gets to cleaning.

Normally, we all do the cleaning on the weekends but she felt that the house was a mess and didn't want it that way while someone was here.

After a while, she had cleaned the living room, the kitchen, and her room. Then, there was a knock on the door. I went to open it but Sam beat me to it. She opened the door and greeted the kid on the other side. She let him in and Luca and I both stood up from the couch, trying to be intimidating without it being obvious so that Sam wouldn't catch on and scold us for it.

"This is my brother Jim" she points to me. "This is Luca, our roommate," she points to him. "And over there is my son Ben." She says. "Jim, Luca, this is Jack. He's my chemistry partner." She tells us.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you both." He shakes both of our hands. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." Luca says to him, me nodding along.

"Well, if you two don't mind, I'm going to leave Ben in here so we can work on our project." Sam says.

"Yeah that's fine." I say as they descend down the hallway. "Hey, you better get an A!" I playfully yell to them, making Luca laugh before Sam responds, "Oh we will, don't worry!" And with that they went into her room to work.

A/N: Let me know what you think of this story so far!