Chapter 28

"Contrary to popular opinion, This Author is aware that she is viewed as something of a cynic.

But that, Dear Reader, could not be further from the truth. This Author likes nothing better than a happy ending.

And if that makes her a romantic fool, so be it. "

LADY WHISTLEDOWN'S SOCIETY PAPERS, 23 MAY 1814

(after wedding ceremony)

3 weeks and 6 days.

27 days.

648 hours.

That is 38,880 minute that he has been hungering for Princess Amelia Windsor, now Princess Amelia Windsor, Viscountess Bridgerton. That is 2,332,800 seconds since they have met and fallen in love. Since his entire being had been controlled by her mere presence.

That is far too long, if you asked Anthony.

But it has only been 2 hours or, 120 minutes, or 7,200 seconds that they had been married.

Since his hunger for her had turned into something... more.

Something animalistic and absolutely fundamental.

He needed her. He was quite sure. And Anthony had thought that when marrying her, his need (which has turned even deeper, and can no longer be described as need but rather an instinct) would be satisfied.

He thought he would finally be able to breathe as he used to.

But then he saw her walking down the aisle towards him, led by her brother Edward and he realized he didn't need to breathe at all.

Air no longer seemed to be a basic need. It was a luxury he simply could not afford.

He didn't need to.

She was all he needed to survive. To live. To thrive.

Anthony Bridgerton and Amelia Windsor's wedding was magical.

It made Amelia wonder if the fairy tales she had been raised on as a child about Knights and fair maidens were true. Meanwhile, Anthony Bridgerton felt as if his heart had been cracked open and put under a microscope for all to examine, and he both loved and hated it.

Anthony was nervous for the first dance, while Amelia was deeply excited. Anthony was a decent dancer and was used to others watching him while he danced, but this was different. This was Amelia he had to impress. He had danced with her before, but never as her husband. He felt his breath quicken as he met her eyes across the room as they prepared for their debut as a married couple.

She wore the most beautiful of gowns, it seems designed for her. Even though he knew it was her Mother's old gown from when the Queen herself had gotten married, it had been altered to fit Amelia and her personality. And the emerald crown she wore only added to it.

She looked like every bit a Queen she always meant to be. Only she wasn't a Queen by title. She was Princess Amelia Windsor, Viscountess Bridgerton now.

Amelia would insist there was no difference between the two titles.

But for the first time... as he watched Amelia walk down the aisle towards him, he came to the realization who he was truly marrying. He was not marrying some ordinary Lady or Miss.

He was marrying a Princess.

The Princess. The Royal. Hurting her was like committing treason against his entire country.

He has never thought of her as a Princess before. Just a woman who terribly vexed him. Perhaps it was part of the reason why he fell in love so desperately.