Meeting a valuable ally

After talking with Mr. Fumoto, the teenager opened the door leading to the central area of the café. It seemed like his good friend lied when he said that the customers were afraid of the Yakuzas waiting on the seats in the corner because, well, there weren't any customers, just Y/N, Mr. Fumoto, the old Yakuza that he met yesterday, a blond boy who's wearing an eyepatch and a sort of devil dog with a chainsaw on his head. 

"I thought you'd never come," the old man spoke while drinking his black coffee. "Yeah, I had a bit of trouble yesterday 'cause I got jumped by a devil; luckily for me, I killed him while he was distracted," Y/N lied. He looked straight into the eyes of the old Yakuza so that he wouldn't think he was lying. 

Luckily for the boy, he took what he said for granted and nodded slightly. "You'll work together with the boy accompanied by that chainsaw dog devil," the yakuza continued, finishing his coffee.

Y/N looked at the eyepatch boy and the chainsaw dog accompanying him. "Uh... the names Y/N, how about you?" he asked while scratching the back of his head. The teenage boy looked at the blond boy like he was a sort of idol to him, which was weird since he was in severe debt and couldn't afford much. 

"My name's Denji" the boy answered, "Ooh, your dog is so cute! Is he named Ranga? or perhaps Pochita?" Y/N replied while looking at the dog with stars in his eyes.

"Correct" "Huh?" "His name is Pochita, and he's my best friend", the dog barked happily while looking at the two teenagers. After putting the money he needed for the coffee on the table, the dept collector left just Y/N and Denji alone.

"Uh... wanna crash at my place? I don't have enough money to buy you a meal, but I can prepare some food for you." The teenager suggested. Denji looked at Pochita, then he looked back at Y/N, "Sure?" the blonde answered, happy that he could eat more than just bread and disappointed that a guy invited him to his place before a girl did.

They walked out of the café and towards his apartment, but nothing went as planned like always. As they both walked toward Y/N's apartment, they heard huge noises coming from the shadows of a hallway. Y/N prepared his new axe, and Denji prepared his Pochita, both apprehensive of what was coming out of the shadows.

The origin of the noises was revealed to be the Tree Devil; apparently, he wasn't eliminated by the Devil Hunter like it was planned, and instead of searching for other victims to kill, he waited in the dark as he heard footsteps coming nearby, those footsteps belonged to the two teenagers who just wanted to eat a quick meal before going to work, but it seems like that they are forced to work a bit before getting the right to eat.