HOME

Hello my dear reader 👋

I know I'm late. Actually very late. But it's going to be like this for sometime now. My exams have started and my job is also an add-on. 

So please bear it with me.☹️

Plus, I'm quite de-motivated to post the chapters because of your lack of comments. Please do comment your views. It'll help me to know if you are liking the story or not.

Happy Reading 😘

Author's POV

Abhay entered the house and frowned to see the door open. As he stepped into the living area his frown deepened at the tensed atmosphere there. He thought to go to the main door and then come again after ringing the doorbell. As no one was there in the hall. Before he could step out to ring the bell, Gargi came out of her room and saw Abhay moving towards the door.

"Arey, damad ji, aap? Aaiye na." She said covering her head. Abhay bent down to touch her feet but she stopped him.

("Hey, son-in-law, you? Come.")

"Yeh kya kar rahe hai aap? Humare yahan damad se pair nahi chhuate. Pata hai na aapko." She said not meeting his eyes, holding her pallu which was covering her head.

("What are you doing? Son-in-law is not supposed to touch our feet. You don't know.")

"Ji. Sorry Aunty, yaad nahi raha." Abhay said politely.

("Yes. Sorry Aunty, I forgot.")

"And please don't cover your head. You are like a mother to me." He said warmly. He thought maybe  he would get his parents in the form of in-laws. But he doesn't feel like that with them.

"Maa jaisi hu toh maa hi kahiye." She said to which Abhay smiled.

("If I'm like your mother, then call me mom.")

"Aap baithiye main inhe bulati hu." She said and went to the room from where she came a few minutes ago.

("You sit, I will call him.")

Abhay looked around in the hope to see his Jaan but not finding her anywhere, he shook his head dejectedly and sat on the sofa waiting for someone to come to give him company. He took out the rose from his jacket's inner pocket.  He thought that he should directly go to her room but he didn't know her room either.

He was sitting there looking for the photographs on the front wall which had family photos. Some were solo pictures of Chitra and Rachit but none of them had Simran's picture. He found it weird but before he could think about that Chitra came out of her room with headphones on. She saw Abhay sitting there alone and came towards him.

"Hey Abhay." She exclaimed excitedly.

"Hello." He replied politely as a gentleman.

"When did you come?" He said and sat such that her shoulder was touching his'. He moved away giving her space. But she again came closer.

"Just now." He said and again moved away creating some space between them. She saw that shook her head.

Her eyes fell on the rose lying on the table. She smiled and was about to pick it up but stopped listening to Abhay.

"Yeh aapke liye nahi hai." He said immediately as he saw her. Her smile fell but she gave him a fake smile and retreated her hand. She looked at Abhay and thought that he was a perfect man. He had good looks, chivalry and he had all those qualities that any woman would want to have in her partner. If he had money too then she would have never let him be Simran's. Alas! He is a middle class guy. His nine to five job cannot make him a billionaire in this lifetime. And she wants a billionaire who could treat her like a queen. She is living in a middle-class family now. But after marriage, she cannot bear the same.