Prologue: The Bored Genius

"In the vast expanse of knowledge, I crave the electric surge of a thrilling dance with chaos, for even a genius seeks refuge from the ennui of brilliance."

In the corner of the school's library sat a child.
His most striking features captivate all who chance upon it, the snowy white hair cascading down his back, contrasting against his youthful countenance. But it is his eyes that truly bewilder, for they shimmer like precious rubies, deep and vibrant crimson red, as if reflecting a hidden world within.
This child's name was Hiroshi Shirotaka.

As he was engrossed in a thick book, his sharp mind absorbed every detail, dissecting the complex concepts and theories with ease. Other children, full of youthful exuberance, noticed Hiroshi and approached him, their playful voices interrupting his concentration.

"Hey, Hiroshi! Wanna come play tag with us? It's really fun!" one of the children called out, their eyes filled with excitement.

Hiroshi looked up from his book, his expression calm and composed.
"Thank you for the invitation, but I must decline," he replied politely.
"Playing tag does not align with my current interests."

The children exchanged puzzled glances, struggling to comprehend Hiroshi's response. They couldn't understand why someone would choose to bury their nose in a book rather than partake in the joyful camaraderie of play.

Undeterred by their confusion, Hiroshi maintained his composure.
(Playing around aimlessly holds no appeal for me. It is a frivolous endeavour that fails to stimulate my intellect or provide any meaningful fulfilment. In my pursuit of knowledge and understanding, I find solace and purpose, far removed from the trivialities of these games.)

In the teachers office, a concerned teacher paced back and forth, searching for something.
Her face displayed a mixture of anxiety and frustration as her colleague noticed this.
"Do you need something?"

The troubled teacher looked at her fellow.
"I think I lost an advanced science book I was studying with.
I think I've left it at the library."

***
The Story of Hiroshi Shirotaka unfolds...

From the moment I was born , I felt that I was different.
I entered the world with an air of uniqueness surrounding me. From the very beginning, I felt a sense of detachment, a deep awareness that I was somehow different from those around me. As a baby, I observed the world with an intensity that surpassed my years, displaying an intellect and curiosity that set me apart.

However, my early life was far from idyllic. My mother, Yukiko, was a career-driven woman who devoted most of her time to her job, leaving little room for maternal affection. She saw me as an inconvenience, an obstacle in her path to success.
And I was aware of that.
Her priorities were layered firmly in the pursuit of professional accomplishments, and she failed to recognize her son's emotional needs.

My father, Takeshi, was a man consumed by vices. He drowned his sorrows in alcohol and became entangled in the perilous world of gambling addiction. His presence in my life was sporadic at best, with fleeting moments of inebriated affection quickly giving way to indifference and neglect.

Growing up in a household devoid of love and warmth, I sought solace in my intellectual pursuits. I immersed myself in books, exploring worlds far beyond the reach of my troubled reality. Through knowledge and learning, I found an escape from the emotional void that surrounded me.

As my intellectual abilities blossomed, I knew that my parents were unable to understand or appreciate my exceptional mind. Their indifference towards my achievements only made me stronger.
From that point on, I stopped yearning for their affection, and that made me realise something.