Ch. 4

Kaylin's POV

I woke up to the sound of a soft whimper. Gracie turned onto her side so she was facing me. She was having a nightmare. You could see it on her face. Sweat on her furrowed brow, eyes squeezed tightly shut, bottom lip quivering, the look of pain written on her face.

At these moments I wished I had my mom to tell me how to comfort her. All I knew how to do was hold onto her tightly and wait for her to call down.

"M-mommy?" Gracie croaked out in a hoarse whisper.

"Yes sweetie?" I whispered back.

"Who is that man that came today?" She said finally opening her eyes slightly.

"He is an alpha from a pack far away." I explained.

"Is he here to take me and the others away?" She said letting her worries and fears come to light.

"No baby. I'm not going to let anyone take you or the others away." I whispered before hugging her tighter and kissing the top of her head. "Now go to sleep okay?"

"Can I go see him?" She asked as she sat up out of my grasp.

"Who?"

"The alpha." She said with an interested look on her face.

"And why would you want to do that?" I asked raising an eye brow and sitting up to the best of my ability.

"Cause. I think he likes you mommy." She giggled making my eyes go wide.

"Why would you think that?"

"The way he was looking at you earlier today before we went to the school." She said giggling some more. "It was so funny mommy. He looked like he wanted to chase you around the playground all day long."

I burst out laughing at her analogy. If only she knew.

"You really want to meet him?" I asked with an eye brow raised.

"Yeah. I need to inspect him for cooties." She started seriously.

"Okay." I said laughing. "Lets go."

Cameron's POV

I haven't been able to sleep all night. I can't stop thinking about my mate. Her daughter that I only saw for a few moments. And most importantly why my mate is in a wheel chair.

Suddenly there was a soft knock on my door. I slid out of the covers and walked over to the door and opened it slowly. A teenage girl stood in front of me fidgeting nervously.

"May I help you?" I asked slightly confused.

"W-what pack are you from?" The girl stuttered out. I looked at her confused. She bite her lip and looked at her bare feet. I saw her with Kaylin earlier today. What is this girls name?

"Blood Paw. Why?" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"And you're the alpha now?" She asked starting to shake slightly.

"Yes." I said noticing her sad face. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Are Theresa and Ben Golden still the beta and beta female?" She asked.

This is really confusing me. How would she know who Theresa and Ben are.

"No. Their son Louis is my beta." I stated. Her eyes started to water as she nodded her head.

"Lou. He's all grown up now. He probably forgot about me." She whispered to herself.

"How do you know Louis?" I asked and she just looked up at me startled.