22. Night Market

"I want to go back to school."

"How are you going back to school like this?"

Xie Ci stared at her side profile, raising his brows slightly. "How about I take you back to find—"

Before he finished speaking, Xu You's phone rang again.

She lowered her gaze and glanced at the caller ID.

A while.

Xu You sniffed, coughed a few times to get a good voice, and pretended as if nothing had happened as she answered the call.

She gave a low 'hello'.

Fu Xue Li's voice was very anxious, and she hurriedly asked, "You You, why were you not answering the phone, did something happen?"

The background noises on her side was very chaotic, the voice of many people mixed together.

"It's fine... I..." Xu You said three words, and wanted to choke again.

Xie Ci took her phone and put it next to his ear. "Xu You's with me, don't worry."

"Where are you now?! I called your phone just now, why didn't you answer, I'm so fucking anxious."

Fu Xue Li blabbered much more on the phone.

She had wanted to find Xu You by herself just now, but she was also not very familiar with the location of the parking lot, so she asked Xie Ci to bring Xu You back. Then he left and was gone the entire time, Xu You was nowhere to be seen, she couldn't reach her phone, and Xie Ci also didn't come back for a long time.

Then she had no choice but to rush to the parking lot to find them herself, but she was stopped by two bodyguards as she got out of the elevator door.

Fu Xue Li was already in a hurry, but she became even more irritable when someone blocked her way. She jumped up in anger, and questioned loudly, "What are you doing, I'm looking for my friend, go away!"

The two bodyguards refused to move, and explained politely, "I'm sorry, miss, we're dealing with something inside."

"Dealing with what?!! My friend is still inside!"

Fu Xue Li was circling with them, and vaguely heard a few faint howls in the empty parking lot.

She herself was a playful person, and knowing that something was wrong, she kept calling Xie Ci's and Xu You's phones.

After calling for about ten minutes, Xu You finally answered.

"I will send her back to school later." Xie Ci answered unhurriedly, his eyes flickering to the side.

Fu Xue Li was furious, almost yelling, "Send her back my ass, you send Xu You back here, I will bring her back to school myself."

Xie Ci clicked his tongue. "My car is on the road."

Fu Xue Li asked him, "What exactly happened?"

"Nothing."

"You think I'm stupid?"

Fu Xue Li was lazy to talk nonsense with him, and said coldly, "Why is the parking lot blocked, what's going on inside?"

Xie Ci was unhurried, and he made up a lie casually, "Oh, when I came out with Xu You we bumped into a group of punks and had a conflict. They had a lot of people so we couldn't defeat them, so I ran away with her. After running I was mad so I called my brother to bring some people down to talk to those people..."

Fu Xue Li: ...

"Okay, that's it." Xie Ci hung up without waiting for her to speak.

After hanging up the phone, the car was quiet again.