48. It's Snowing

It was already dark, and Xu You squatted on an unfamiliar street for a long time, her head buzzing. Her phone was vibrating tirelessly, but she never answered it, and she didn't even have the energy to look at the caller ID.

In the end, her feet were numb and the pain in her stomach finally subsided a little.

"—— Excuse me, are you okay?" A voice appeared in her ear.

Xu You looked up and saw a young woman wearing a mask. She bent down and asked a little worriedly, "I see you have been squatting here alone for a long time..."

Xu You was startled, but tried her best to act natural. She waved her hand, and said to her, "I'm fine..."

She looked pale and weak, and coughed several times.

The young woman couldn't help but step forward to help her. "You don't look very well. Do you want to go to the hospital to take a look?"

"No need..."

At this time, Xu You's cell phone rang again, it was Xie Ci. She sighed lightly and pressed it off.

It wasn't that she was ignoring him on purpose, but she knew that she had some accumulated emotions in her heart that were not easy to fade away. Her spirit had been broken up, and when this kind of sensibility prevailed, continuing to quarrel will only hurt each other.

She didn't want to quarrel with Xie Ci, let alone hurt him.

"Thank you," Xu You said her thanks sheepishly after standing firm.

"It's nothing, just trying to help."

The young woman was kind-hearted and accompanied Xu You to hail a taxi on the side of the road. She watched her get into the car before leaving.

She arrived home. The lights in the living room and kitchen were on, and Dad Xu was sitting on the sofa reading a newspaper. Hearing the noise, he raised his head and glanced at Xu You who had just entered.

"Dad."

Xu You changed her shoes and took a few steps closer.

Dad Xu picked up the remote control that he had put aside, turned down the volume of the TV, and asked casually, "Where have you been with your classmates? You've been out all day, and you didn't answer the phone when I called you just now."

"I didn't look at my phone just now. I didn't go anywhere. I came back after eating."

Dad Xu was silent for two or three seconds. He then put down the newspaper in his hand and said, "Come here, I have something to talk to you about."

Xu You nodded, feeling exhausted. She unloaded her bag and walked over.

"You've been a little out of sorts lately."

She was confused.

She then heard Dad Xu say, "Tell me honestly, are you still thinking about the physics competition?"

"......"

"No..." Xu You murmured back.

"No?!"

Dad Xu's volume increased, he threw a book at the side with some agitation, and yelled, "You said you didn't have time to do the materials I bought for you, but in the end, you finished all the physics exercises in version B. Where do you get so much time? I told you that competitions are not the way out, you haven't received any training, and your school doesn't organize outings for training. Why are you still so stubborn? Are you out of your mind?!

"Have you not learned from your brother's mistake?! Wasting away year after year, not accomplishing anything yet. He even had formal training. What can you do if you're just relying and teaching yourself!