32.

The world had never been that heavy on her. She had a rough upbringing, but it was a household filled with love and patience even Hanseok's dad didn't happy having her in this family but still that it was innate in her nature to keep strong, be leveled, and continue moving forward even during the times it felt like everyone and everything was going against her. She'd been through so much worse and she can do this, but she still couldn't stop the tears that pushed from her eyes, sitting back down on the toilet with the lid closed. her heart-shattering at the same time Hanseo dropped the stick from his hand.
"Did he force himself on you?" Hanseo asked.
"No," without realizing she immediately defended him with widened eyes, he glanced at the stick on the floor and then at her, he took a deep breath and Clearly, this was unexpected, but he wanted to do his best for her, had to do his best. He didn't have time to lose his composure, so he quickly got up from the floor and extended his hand for her to grab "Come on, get up" She slowly held his hand and got up, he walked back into the living with her she didn't say any word neither he asked her any question until she settled down on the sofa holding her knees to her chest chin rested on the top of her knee.
"What we gonna do about it?" Hanseo started to pace back and forth in the living "Where you left your mind when you doing it with him" he glared at her for a second still pacing back and forth "Shouldn't you be careful, look what mess you made, do you even know what are you gonna do now?"
"Could you just shut up, I'm thinking here" Kiara half yelled at him, "thinking you? Your mind is blank right now isn't it?" he said to her, she just glared at him "Just shut up already" she said annoyed.
He stopped in his track when she said "Maybe I should get an abortion".
"Aren't you supposed to be intelligent? Where did you leave your brain" he hollered at her, "you are keeping it. There's no way you would even consider abortion."
"But what about him?" she said which sounded like a whisperer to him The back of her head throbbed in pain. Just thinking about his stupidly handsome face made her want to throw up once more. "I don't really want to face him too, but he has a right to know that he's going to be a father." Hanseo told her 'he hate the idea of her having a child with none other than Jang Hanseok his elder brother but what happened was what happened he sigh in pure disappointment.
"Will he even take responsibility for it?" he looked up at her when he heard her word, he thought 'Really Kiara, he could kill anyone without any thought for you, even he could definitely die for you too if it necessary and you asking that' he shake his head more disappointment linger on him she swallowed nervously, she was nibbling on her thumbnails before snatching her hand away when she felt his eyes on herself "stop doing that" he told little softly and sat next to her, she looked at him when he touched her head to comfort her,
"Huh?" she stood up, "Kiara, why not just tell him by yourself," he told her.
"I don't want to," she said walking into her bedroom Hanseo followed her "You don't want to talk or you don't want that baby?" Hanseo's question made her step stop she closed her eyes took a deep breath and said "I don't know" She turned around to face him "You're right my mind is not working properly" his expression softened again "Just tell him first" he told her.
"Yeah you are right" She moved toward the bedside table took her wallet she walked past him into the living room he hurried after her she picked up the pregnancy test kit and headed toward the door "What are you-hold on you don't have to-" she didn't listen to him at all she just wear the Snickers and left the apartment Hanseo followed her "Kiara calm down," he said catching up with her but she had the determination looked on her face "slow down at least" but it was too late they were already outside the plaza she stopped the taxi and sat inside then glanced at Hanseo who looked hell worry about her "don't worry I'll be fine, I'll see you at the office"
"Kiara at least change your night pajamas," he said but she already left. She went to Vila first but he wasn't there, she knew if she delayed she probably going to change her mind she needs to hurry before that so she instructed the driver to wusang firm when she entered the building she felt soo many eyes on her definitely because of her outfit she took the elevator and went to the floor she saw the Jang Joon woo nameplate on the door, without hesitation she brust opened the door and saw not only one but three pairs of eyes turned to her "Kiara what the-" he stopped in the mid-sentence and glanced at the other two people in the room, Mr. Han already on his feet with an awkward smile and said "maybe we should take a break" Hanseok nod then Choi Myunghee and Mr. Han left the office room she was still standing at the door he pulled her inside locking the door then he plopped down atop his desk, loosening his tie out of frustration. The simple gesture made her swallow and look away "What the hack you are doing here and also like that" he asked looking at her from top to bottom, without a word she took a step close to the desk "Hanseok we need to talk-" she began but stopped because of his intense stare on her, she bites down on her lips and continue "you and I we" she was still nervous what she had to say they just argued last night Thankfully, Hanseok was mouthy as usual that he pulled her back from her train of thoughts as he gestured between the both of her and him. "You and I are perfectly compatible - I can't let you go like that. I'm sorry, but I need you. There's no one else who knows the real me, I want you Kiara, No one else is as willing to tolerate my bullshit except you, and you...always tolerate my behavior that I can't control...I need you to stay with me forever, so stop your plan of leaving me."
Kiara clenched her teeth at the desperation in his voice 'he didn't even know what I want to say, idiot'
"Hanseok listen-
"Is this all because we slept together?" he cut her off, hearing that Kiara's shoulders tensed. Upon her silence, he asked, "Did I hurt you?" Hanseok heaved himself away from the desk and took a cautious step towards her, stopping a foot away when she stepped back defensively "Did you not like it, sleeping with me is that all about, or do you like someone else?" she was stuck between wanting to slap him or be closer to him he didn't even understand what was the problem that day.
"It's not like that," she said with a sigh.
"Then what is it?" he demanded, aggravated. Hanseok began to round his desk
"I'm pregnant."
Hanseok's slender fingers halted around the pen hovering over a slip. "What?"
"I said I'm pregnant, you stupid fuck And you're the father." she exhaled, biting down on her bottom lip to prevent herself from quivering. A quick sweep from her face to gather sincerity trailed down to her belly, staring at her hard enough as if he had the ability to look through her soul.
His reaction was instantaneous. He beamed and lounged at her, arms wide open for an embrace before realizing at the last second she could stab him with a pen and not regret it. One warning glare sent his way and he was retracing his arm behind his head, pretending to stretch with an off-tune whistle.
'If I really chose now to play with fire, I had to be careful not to be the gasoline that ignited things to burn down into ashes' she thought but Hanseok also thought the same. she held his hand and handed the stick in his palm he tore his eyes from her and looked at the thing in his palm and his eyes shine he looked at it closely to make sure his eyes not deceiving him the two white lines that appeared on the stick, then he looked at her, she was seated on the sofa now staring at the table like that was the most interesting thing right now for her.
Kiara was scared she did tell him she finally made a decision but what now what about him what did he want? Those questions filled her brain after all those days she ignored him or he ignored her and last night also was terrific her all thoughts vanished when she felt the pair of hands on her thighs she looked in the front and saw Hanseok's face close to her he was on his knees front of her staring at her face "I'm sorry" he said sincerely and she knew he meant it his eyes show that clearly but she didn't react at all "you tried to contact me in all those days but I ignored you, I understand your anger toward me and last night it is also an effect of that, I'm really sorry Kiara, I'm...again being bad to you" he holds her hand rested on her lap "I was angry with you but still I have to look after you but I didn't do that, I ignored you when you needed me... please forgive me, I'm really sorry-"
"Save your sorry for another day," she said and got up making him back up a little, every time he said sorry she felt anger rising inside her, she started to walk toward the door, seeing her angry face Hanseok felt bad but angry also "I broke my phone last night, so you are not able to contact for a while," she told him with a cold voice, he was angry too, but he swallows his words and said "huh! I'm such a idiot listen For the baby, let's both do our best," he crossed his arms on his chest "tomorrow, you're moving in with me. I'm going to take care of you from now on - I'll get you whatever you need so whatever it is, just tell me"
"It's fine, I'm capable of taking care of myself."
"I didn't say you weren't, but I want to take care of you both," he reiterated, growing more annoyed from her rigidness. She professed that she was being difficult right now, but it was much better than being easy around someone like him in this situation. The lack of response he got from her made him think the weirdest things that he didn't want to think about
"Are you thinking about abortion?" Hanseok's voice rung in her ear her hand stopped on the doorknob she greeted her teeth holding the doorknob aggressively she turned around and walked back towards him and 'smak' she slapped his face, Hanseok looked at her she was breathing heavily "Are you an idiot" she said to him, Hanseok opened his mouth to reply but he didn't understood what he had to say that don't pissed her off more or also make him more mad. , so he remained silent suddenly she wrapped her arms around him hugging him "Do you really want me to hate you huh!" She mumbled into his shirt He smiled forgetting that she slapped him just a few seconds ago he wrapped his arm around her slowly combing her hair with his fingers with one hand "without heels you are soo tiny" he teased her and she just snuggle into him more but didn't forget to step on his feet harshly "don't make me hate you I don't want to hate you".
He asked "So you'll really stay with me then?" maybe she regretted nodding in response because Hanseok was now fishing his phone out with one hand with a goofy smile on his face still one hand on her back holding her close to him.
The sudden switch between pained and enthusiastic gave him whiplash, but he really shouldn't be surprised. This was Kiara in the first place - she was as unpredictable as nothing was permanent and lasting to her same went for himself too.
It could be both a blessing and a curse that they were the same mostly.
She was with her baby now, and as much as it scared her shitless to be a mother with zero preparation and knowledge, she was confident that with Hanseok even if things went wrong still things were going to be okay for them.
Wrapping an arm around her belly she smiled a little.
he was far too excited and lost in his own thoughts that your words went from one ear and out the other. "Fuck," he laughed to himself, "I'm going to be a dad." stretching her neck she glanced up at him, he also looked at her with a smile "I love you"
"Shut up," she said with a smile again burying her face in his shirt Whether it was relief or anxiety that bubbled through her, she had no idea but right now she wanted to forget about that feeling she take a sniff of his scent holding him more tightly.