Chapter 3

Not long after, Jean-Luc was on a ship taking him to where the big expedition would start. But he immediately got seasick in the process.
"I knew I shouldn't have had that large breakfast..." he muttered to himself.
He suddenly got startled by an unenthusiastic male voice come from the intercom saying,
"Attention passengers. All paws to the launch bay. And to whoever took the 'L' out of the Motor Pool sign, haha, very funny mate"
Jean-Luc and many passengers made their way to the launch bay. A dog jumped down from a structure and Jean-Luc said,
"Excuse moi, I...need to report..."
"Yes, monsieur Jean-Luc" said the dog, revealing herself to be Judo from earlier.
"Wait a minute, you're Judo from earlier!" replied Jean-Luc, who was caught off guard from seeing her again.
But before Judo could say anything, a teenage dachshund shouted,
"Hey! Judo! I've got something to say to you!!"
Rolling her eyes, Judo said to Jean-Luc,
"Please excuse me"
and she proceeded to walk over to the dachshund.

"What is it this time, Snickers?" she asked in an annoyed tone.
"Look what you did! You stuffed my crate with nothing but useless junk! Cinnamon, basil, cilantro! Why did you pack cilantro??" replied Snickers as he threw aside the rations.
He then got out some lettuce and sarcastically asked,
"And what the heck is this doing here??"
"That would be lettuce" sarcastically replied Judo.
"Lettuce? Lettuce?!"
"It's a veggie, Snickers. Dogs need it. It's part of the four basic food groups"
"I'll tell YOU the four basic food groups! Beans, bacon, cupcakes, and salted peanuts!"
Suddenly, a buzzer went off and Judo pushed Snickers away and began walking away while saying,
"Alright, sausage dog. Put everything away and let's move!!"
"Attention passengers. All paws to the launch bay. The final loading is in progress" said the unenthusiastic intercom as Jean-Luc and every explorer dog got lowered to the launch bay.
Once they arrived, there was the submarine being prepared for the expedition.

As Jean-Luc made his way to the submarine, a teenage black and white border collie bumped into him with his stuff. He said in his New Zealand accent,
"Hey, black lab. If you were looking for the easy rides, they're back there"
He walked past Jean-Luc, but the latter noticed that something fell. Jean-Luc picked it up.
"Hey, excuse moi, you dropped your...dy-"
He realized what he dropped was a dynamite and he stuttered as he handed it back to the border collie, now realizing that he's Mackenzie.
"What-what else do you got in there...?"
"Um...not much. Just gun powder, nitrogen oxide, flares, more dynamite, glue, and big paper clips. You know, office supplies" replied Mackenzie as he shrugged it off.
When Mackenzie walked away, Jean-Luc overheard Pat say,
"Jean-Luc! Where have you been, mate?"

Jean-Luc ran up to Pat and noticed that a large St Bernard, who looked a little older than Jean-Luc, was standing next to him.
"I want you to meet Commander Hercules! He was the one who led the Iceland expedition to that journal!"
Hercules shook Jean-Luc's hand while saying,
"Ah, so you're Jean-Luc. Nice to meet you, kid. It's an honor to meet the grandson of Pat's friend. I see you got the journal"
"Oui!" replied Jean-Luc while nodding excitingly.
"Very nice pictures in there. I'm more of a science fiction type of dog"
Jean-Luc was impressed by everything he is seeing and he told Pat,
"Woah! When you settle a bet, you sure settle a bet!"
The three dogs made their way to the entrance of the submarine as Pat said,
"Well, your grandfather did say that you can't put a price tag on knowledge itself"
"What we'll discover is going to have so much more value than anything before!"
"Yes, I believe this will be enriching for all of us" added on Hercules while feeling proud.
Once again, the intercom announced,
"Attention all personnel. Launch will commence in 15 minutes"
"Until next time, Pat"
"You too, Hercules"
Pat and Hercules saluted each other as Hercules entered the submarine. Meanwhile, Jean-Luc ran to the entrance while waving goodbye to Pat. He gladly shouted,
"Au revoir, Pat!"
"Make us proud, kid!" replied Pat as the entrance door closed.

All the explorer dogs closed everything up and they got to their stations. Hercules, now standing next to Judo, told her,
"Lieutenant, take her down"
"Diving officers, prepare to submerge! 1.50 deep!"
The diving officers pulled on levers and pushed buttons as they said,
"Dive! Dive! Take us down!"
The hooks holding up the submarine let go of it, dropping it into the ocean as it began to dive deep. Pat gave a thumbs up as it happened. And then, before anyone knew it, the submarine was diving deeper into the ocean. Jean-Luc watched the descent and he was amazed that this expedition was finally happening and he was apart of this legendary journey. The ocean was looking beautiful as the submarine dived deeper and deeper. Once it reached its depth, it began travelling to its destination. The journey to Atlantis had finally began.