Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice

"Oyakata-sama has made his decision and Nezuko have proven herself." Fuyuko stated. "Therefore, no harm should befall on the girl."

"Kazahana-san..." Tanjiro whispered her name in gratitude.

"Tch." Sanemi glared at her. "It's you, isn't it? Your the slayer who wrote the report about this demon."

"Don't you dare deny it, it's very clear now." He sneered while pulling his sword. "That's why your protective of that boy and this monster."

"I met the Kamado siblings months ago before I became a Hashira." Fuyuko replied. "I conducted that test with the consent of Oyakata-sama, and I wrote that report with facts."

"Who cares about your report!" Sanemi snapped and pointed his blade.

Rengoku was about to intervene but Tengen stopped him.

"That's a demon you are defending! Rengoku Fuyuko." Sanemi snarled.

"A demon that showed great potential." She calmly responded. "And proved your argument wrong."

"That is enough, Sanemi." Ubuyashiki gently said. "Fuyuko is right, Nezuko have proven herself and you must control your anger."

"I understand, Oyakata-sama." Sanemi have no choice but to yield and lower his blade.

Sensing the safety and the intense atmosphere depleting, Nezuko immediately lunged towards Fuyuko and tackled her in a tight hug.

Once more the other Hashiras was bewildered to see the demon hugging a Hashira. Fuyuko, as well, was shock of the sudden embrace but she immediately regained her composure and patted Nezuko's hair in return.

'For a moment Fuyuko-chan was confused.' The Love Hashira giggled and clasped her hands. 'The two look cute together!'

"You must have been scared, Nezuko." Fuyuko whispered. "Don't worry you'll be fine now."

She felt Nezuko hugged her tighter, and buried her face on her chest. Fuyuko felt the urged to give the girl a assuring smile but she won't do it in front of everyone.

"Tanjiro." Ubuyashiki spoke. "Nevertheless, some may still view Nezuko unfavorably. You must prove it to them starting now. That you and Nezuko can fight as Demon Slayers. That you can be useful."

Tanjiro immediately bent down upon hearing Ubuyashiki's words.

"Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki." The master stated. "Do that and you'll be accepted by all. And your words will carry more weight ."

In response to Ubuyashiki, Tanjiro then raised his head high and declared that he and his sister will defeat the demon king, Muzan Kibutsuji.

His statement is filled with confidence and determination, a pledge that only time will tell.

"You are not ready for that yet, Tanjiro." Ubuyashiki smiled. "Let's start by defeating a Twelve Kizuki, alright?"

"Yes, sir." The boy turned red in embarrassment.

Mitsuri struggled to hold herself from laughing, and Kocho couldn't help but chuckle. While Fuyuko just stared at the boy, she don't completely believe his declaration but she have faith that he'll achieve great things in the near future.

Ubuyashiki then explained to Tanjiro the Hashira's role and hardships in the Demon Slayer Corps, and why they are respected by all.

"So, Tanjiro, mind your manners when you speak." Ubuyashiki stated.

"Y-yes, sir." The boy responded.

"One more thing, Sanemi, Obanai..." The master looked at both of them. "Don't torment the younger ones too much."