Chapter 37

Zach's POV

I felt steady breathing coming from the person in my arms. After ensuring that she would not fall off, I walked off, not forgetting to instruct them to have a follow-up meeting at the base.

Arriving at the house, I carefully placed Ealize in the room and instructed Aunt Matilda to check on her.

I walked to the meeting room, which was already occupied by John and the others.

"What happened?" Eric asked immediately after I took a seat.

Just imagining what happened in the forest and how Ealize ignored my warnings brought about an uncomfortable feeling in my chest, making it hard to breathe. I opened the first few buttons of my shirt, hoping to ease my breathlessness.

I summarized what happened in the forest and pointed out a few important points.

"Ealize should be able to distinguish between individuals who are possessed by demons and those that are not; as of now, this information will not be shared with anyone aside from the people in this meeting room. If any of this information leaks, I'll make sure none of you can come out unscathed."

We still don't know what we are facing. It is important to protect my cub, so Ealize's protection is a must.

"Don't worry, we won't run our mouths off; everyone here knows the importance of the cub she is carrying," John said in a careless manner.

"I'm more curious about what happened to Enziel; based on what you said, it seems like even if his soul is separated from his body, he still knows what's happening on his body taken over by the demon, so when a demon replaces a body's soul, where does it go?" John continued.

"Furthermore, what are the qualifications of the person so that he could call back the soul of the body?" Eric posted another question.

"Alpha, can you kill the demon?" I look at Ferz, who asks this question. I scrunched my eyebrows as I recalled how I felt when I was facing the demon in the forest.

I instinctively wanted to kill that demon, but Ealize's warning made me stop.

The presence of the demon made me feel a sense of disobedience that made me want to kill it.

How such a strong killing intent came about puzzled me.

"I don't know; Ealize stopped me from doing so," I answered Ferz's question.

"We'll wait for Ealize to wake up before we can ask any question with regards to the demon; as of now, is there any news from Tyrone?" Tyrone is the eyeliner we had put in the Ignis pack, and as of now, we haven't been able to contact him for a few weeks.

"Our eyeliners said that they haven't seen Tyrone in the Ignis pack these past few weeks; it is highly possible that he is kept in prison by Alexander; they must have found out he was a spy," Ferz answered.

"What should we do?" John asked in a serious manner.

My last meeting with Richard proved that there is indeed something wrong with Alexander. Richard had noted that Alexander seemed to be confused by something.

As an alpha, he is trained to be rational and to always put the pack's interests first. However, the Alexander that Richard met seemed like he would sacrifice everything for that woman. He became irrational and tyrannical in the eyes of his pack members.

If a pack war happens, Richard and I have already reached an agreement to support each other's packs. However, this is only in the worst case scenario.

Furthermore, what happened today made me think that maybe Alexander's soul was also replaced by a demon.