The Gift From Family

"Ethan, come here."

Ethan heard Viona calling him. He quickly got up and walked to her thinking she might get mad if he was late.

"See! This is from your father!"

She shoved a box into his hands. He looked at her and then at the box. That gift was given by Ethan's father. He could see the excitement in Viona's eyes. She wanted to know what he had gifted them.

But Ethan was too scared to open it. He just didn't know what he had put there. He knew his father would not be that generous to give him something good.

"Why are you waiting? Let's open it!".

Viona watched Ethan's face turning pale but thought she saw it wrong. She happily asked him to open the gift and watched Ethan's thin fingers tearing at its wrapping. 

Then it was time to open the box. Ethan gulped his saliva and opened it with a long breath. He didn't want Viona to know how he feels about alphas. He thought she might start to bully him too. He was just too weak and easy to bully. But his family made him like that. If not, he would have been a happy omega.

Inside the box, there was a photo album. And it was their family album. He had seen that one in his father's library, but never got a chance to open it. 

His mother's photo might be there. 

He wanted to open it. But he was nervous to open it next to Viona. So he simply put it aside and picked up the paper inside of the box.

'My brother is a very good boy!'

On the white paper, it was written in big letters. Ethan's hand trembled and his heart started to beat fast. He was scared. That was definitely his brother's writing. And he knew that sentence, it was of course him.

Ethan trembled as fear ran through every inch of his body. 

'Is he not gonna leave me alone even after I get married?'

He asked himself, but no one answered him. He didn't know. But he thought he might not get free from his brother's bullies.

"Ethan, are you okay? You are sweating."

Viona was going to place her hand on his hand to comfort him, but he was startled and slapped her hand away. That surprised Viona. Ethan had been keeping his head down, didn't look her in the eye and he kept his distance well.

She thought he was shy. But when he slapped away her hand, she felt it was not the same thing.

It was not shyness.

He was scared.

But why?

She wanted to ask if something was wrong. But she was concerned that he might tell her it was not her business.

They just got married. They were officially a couple, but not by themselves yet.

"I am sorry. I was in a daze for a while. It's from my brother. He always does funny things like this. Don't care about it."

He put the paper aside and quickly changed his expression. He was good at it because he had been doing this for a long time.

He smiled, but under the smile, tears were stuck. 

He smiled, but his eyes never did.

His acting made others happy, but not him.

He was sad every day but smiled for others.

He didn't want Viona to know about him and his family. At least, for now. So he used that same method and showed that he had a good relationship with his family.

Even though Viona felt something was fishy, seeing Ethan suddenly smiling with no sadness or fear, she nodded and moved to the next gift.

They opened gifts and talked from time to time until it was late.

They got so many gifts. Most of them were from Viona's mother. She had given them more than ten gifts. She was really generous.

Seeing his father had just given him a family album, he felt embarrassed. He knew his father would not spend even a penny on him.

But he didn't mind it. He felt bad thinking Viona might get upset. But it seemed like she didn't even think about such a thing.

She laughed all day and chatted happily. It felt very lively.

'If only I can stay like this forever...'

Ethan thought but shook his head thinking he was getting greedy.

'Omegas should not be greedy. Be happy with what you have. Let alphas control you!'

His father had filled his brain with those things. Even though his father was not around, he still had to follow his instructions. That was how things were supposed to happen.

The only alphas he knew well were his father and brother. Other than them, he would randomly see a few but that didn't show him how they treat omegas. He didn't know but wanted to know if all the alphas are the same.

His father and brother are obviously bad people. Then, other alphas are too? Do they bully omegas too?

He didn't know. But he believed so. But he was still confused about that matter. So from then on, Viona would be the one to confirm his suspicion.

He wished Viona would be a good person.

He was tired of his life.

He needed some rest and comfort...