Hate + Hate = LOvE 💯

Pov Author

"You fool, I'm sure you're cheating ! " Meeran shouted at him, hoping to hit the oversized ego of his maternal aunt's eldest son.

"Did you say that? IQ less than 0" Zaroon replied calmly with an elegance that was uniquely his own.

Meeran glared at her cousin, no matter how much she insulted him and annoyed him in every way, she had never succeeded in really provoking Zaroon out of his wits, he had a self-control that no one could match, at 1.77 m tall and looking like an apollo with his brown hair and Azure brown eyes, he always displayed his famous smirk to show that Meeran's attempts to annoy him were turning against her, savouring each of her frowns with satisfaction.

Zaroon was "the cousin", the one who excelled in everything with good behaviour, loved by the family, whereas Meera was the other "the cousin", the childish one who annoyed others, ate all the time, skipped classes, threw eggs at others, the whole lot.

"Tell me, will you please stop smiling ?" she asked him, irritated at having lost to him again.

He had just played a game of tic-tac-toe, and Zaroon like every time won like a pro, while Meeran....As usual, she cheated, lost, shouted and moaned, bad player that she was.

"Why do I dazzle you with my divine beauty ? I know that God has spoiled me" he asked her ironically.

She looked at her cousin with an even more irritated expression, she had never understood why all the girls ran after Zaroon like that. He was just as annoying as a monkey, but at least monkeys kept quiet when they ate bananas.

"You're right, I'd better get some sunglasses before your dazzling ugliness makes me go blind," she said seriously, throwing him a dig.

And as always Zaroon looked on with his famous smirk at his cousin's childishness, sticking her tongue out at his expression and just bursting out laughing, their bickering going on for a while until Meera's mother came into the garden where they were sitting.

"Meeran, are you bothering my Zaroon again ?" his mother asked angrily, pulling Zaroon close to him.

"Yes, Begum, she never stops when I'm exhausted" he told her with a falsely tired expression.

Meeran's mother's real name was fowzia, but Zaroon called her Begum like everyone else.

"That's not even true, Ammi, you're always taking Zaroon's side when I'm your daughter" retorted Meeran, annoyed at the sight of the aunt-nephew duo.

Fowzia had brought him up from birth until Meeran was born a few years later and she found herself overwhelmed, but Zaroon had never been full of the sudden arrival of Meeran, who took up half of his beloved aunt's time, no sooner had he helped his aunt as best he could despite his young age.

"Really ? I didn't know, my Zaroon is so handsome like me that I thought he was my son" she replied sarcastically, making Zaroon laugh.

Meeran glared at the two enemies in front of her who were mistreating her, and said in a decisive tone, "I'll get even with you, just wait" she said as she left, but almost slipped because of her sandals.

She barely caught herself, and her heart was beating so fast that she heard two distinctly hilarious laughs. She looked at her mother and Zaroon, dead with laughter, clapping their hands, she glared at them, and they pretended to stop laughing, she hardly turned round when she could hear them bursting out laughing.

"Cursed duo" she muttered irritably.

But she couldn't help smiling in amusement.

***********************************************
Meeran didn't really know why everyone was gathered in the living room or why their dadi had forced everyone to get dressed properly early in the morning.