True Love

Pov Author

Zain would never have imagined this, and neither would his family. It should have been a normal breakfast, but it wasn't.

"Sign the divorce papers and you'll finally be free of this forced nikkah that I've engineered ?" said Taira with his usual arrogance.

Zain should have been jumping for joy at the news, after all, this was what he had been waiting for after Taira had tricked them into marrying him, blackmailing them with his family's ancestral property when he was supposed to be marrying Noor, his fiancée.

Zain thought he hated Taira, they showed no signs of affection for each other although an almost instant attraction had developed when they first met.

Taira was a businesswoman and Zain a businessman, and their first encounters had been far from soft as cotton, but as prickly as a cactus.

"What happened, Taira? Where have you been for the last two months ? "

Mariam, Zain's mother and mother-in-law had just spoken with concern, Taira seemed to show no emotion as usual although his thoughts were troubled why his in-laws suddenly seemed to care about him, they had always despised her and never accepted her as their in-laws after all, she had stolen their property and blackmailed Zain into marrying her.

If there was one thing that had kept them all together for seven months, it was that Taira had promised to return what she'd taken if they allowed her to stay married for 7 months together and the deal was coming to an end today.

She handed the second piece of paper to her mother-in-law, who grabbed it and lost it. She recognised her family's property rights, and Taira signed the papers attesting to the return of the inheritance to the family.

She stepped back and looked at her reflection in the mirror, it reminded her of the purpose of her coming here and the two months she'd had to fight for them, the wounds that covered her body attesting to the fact that her mission had just come to an end.

Without a word, she went up to her room, taking all her belongings and stuffing them into her suitcase without care, she went downstairs quickly even though her body was aching.

"Arjun uncle, take this back to my car" she said to his driver.

He complied, and she took out her phone, ready to call her P.A. and ask him about the house she had asked him to buy in America. She intended to disappear as if she had never existed, even giving up her business, after all she had no one but herself and her creator.

Zain clenched his fists as he heard his wife talking, she'd disappeared for two months without a word, and here she was appearing like a fairy this morning with divorce and property papers covered in wounds, who did she think she was ? He wanted explanations.

Taira looked up at him, but for the first time, Zain's intimidating aura was getting the better of her, far too much.

"You're not going anywhere, Taira" Zain asserted categorically.

Taira glared at him, "What was he thinking ? "she asked herself.

"Let go of me, Zain, the seven months are up ! "

Her comment irritated him even more, and he grabbed her like a sack of potatoes on his shoulder. The family looked at them with a smile, Taira, they had certainly despised her for her character, her intentions but now that they knew the truth as they could let her go, she was just like that to protect herself.

**********************************************
Taira glared at her husband, who had just thrown her onto their bed before trapping her between him.

"If you dare do anything to me, I'll report you to the police" she threatened.