chapter 1

"i have a friend who sitsat the corner lots"Narrative_________________________________June 1, 2020 (dw abt covid)After what feels like the longest hour and a half of practice I use what's left of my energy to get over to the bench

at the corner lots"
Narrative
_________________________________
June 1, 2020 (dw abt covid)
After what feels like the longest hour and a half of practice I use what's left of my energy to get over to the bench. I immediately lay down for a minute attempting to catch my breathe after doing the end of practice suicides.

As i'm laying there I feel someone move my legs onto their lap. I look up and I see my teammate Haley take a drink and offer me some of her water. I gladly accepted seeing I had already downed all of mine. Haley is one of my closest friends on the team even though she's a year younger.

"You really need to get a bigger water bottle Ry." Haley says as I chug the rest of her water.

"Haley size doesn't matter it's the thought that counts." She chuckles at this comment as i'm still trying to catch my breath.

"It will matter when you're passed out on the floor from dehydration."

I sit up and hand her the now empty water bottle. I shrug as I stand up and start putting away my stuff. Having to grab my glove off the ground, seeing as how I threw it onto the ground before falling on the bench.

I slip my cleats off and put them in my bag, grabbing my slides out. Slipping into my slides I begin to walk out of the dugout, saying goodbye to everyone on my way out.

I start walking down the pavement to the parking lot to get in my car and go home after the longest day of school ever. I honestly don't understand why teachers think "hey let's ruin teenagers lives and give them so much homework they want to bash their heads into a wall."

My thoughts were interrupted when I turn the corner, seeing a familiar face standing there on her phone waiting for me. Thinking she doesn't see me, I start sneaking up behind her in an attempt to scare her.

Before I can jump up on her back she quickly turns around and lifts me off the ground in a bear hug. Not expecting her to do that I let out a tiny shriek that soon turns into laughter as she starts spinning us around.

"Damnit Clark I wanted to scare you" I say as she puts me down and my laughing ends.

"Ry you're never going to be able to scare me with that giant ass bag of yours. I could hear you coming from at the top of the hill."

"How dare you say that I  feel so offended right now." I say making sure to be very dramatic.

I jokingly shove her shoulder as she lets out a laugh. Caitlin has been my second closest friend since middle school. If I said my first closest Sophie would kill me. We met in 6th grade when we were paired up for a science project. We immediately became friends and long story short, after that project we were never partners in that class again.