chapter 16

Narrator's POV

As the two woman made their way back home. They didn't know that D/n was watching the two with sad eyes. He wanted his family back and he just saw how much M/n changed. He started to feel horrible for harming his wife like he did. He shouldn't have done it, but he was in so much anger he couldn't hold it back. He sighed through his nose. His throat was still sore and he still couldn't talk, he only muttered small letters nothing more. He was getting better though, but he needed to get it checked by a doctor.

He didn't know where a doctor is and he can't ask people for directions. He also searched for two days for his child and wife. They were right there, why isn't he moving? Is it because of fear of what they might say? Or is it because he's afraid they'll run away. He breathed in and out through his nose. He decided to go to his wife and child.

He took one step after another, each step drawing closer to the two. Every step he took, the more anxious he became. He swallowed his anxiety and he tapped M/n's shoulder. She turned and when she saw D/n, her blood froze. When y/n turned to see who tapped her mother's shoulder, she was surprised and very happy.

"Father!" Shouted y/n as she hugged her father as tight as she could. D/n flinched slightly and didn't hug back at first.

He thought that it might be a trick that his brain is playing on him. That this is all just a dream or rather a nightmare. To torture him, to harm his mental health further. He hugged his daughter back after realising that it's all very much real. He cried into his daughters shoulders. He almost died trying to search for his daughter, now she's finally back in his arms. His sweet darling daughter. His whole world.

M/n just stared at the two. She didn't know how to feel, should she act shocked? Should she act sad? Should she act scared? She felt so many emotions wash over her. The strongest emotion is, sadness. She was a horrible wife, she was mostly a horrible mother. She harmed the only people she ever loved. She ran away with her daughter, to start a new life, to start over. To be a better mother, she should've waited for D/n to return. So she could start a new life with her husband. She thought he died or just disappeared. When she saw him there right now, hugging their daughter. She felt sad and happy that he's alive.

D/n and y/n seperated from the hug. D/n looked at M/n, he didn't look away. He then hugged her, as tight as she could. He didn't want to let go, he won't let go. M/n was shocked with the hug and couldn't help but cry. All the tears she was holding in just bursted out. She couldn't hold them in anymore. Her tears ran down her cheeks just like a waterfall.

"I'm sorry." M/n muttered as her head was buried in his shoulder. D/n wanted to tell her the same, so he tried to speak.

"I-i...f-f.." D/n tried but he just physically couldn't. M/n separated from the hug and stared at her husband's throat. She place her finger tips on her mouth. She was shocked.

"What happened to you?" She asked but D/n couldn't answer. She sighed softly as D/n tried to say something. She placed her index finger on his lips.

She didn't say anything and just hugged him again. D/n hugged her back. Y/n stared at the two. This poor family has been through so much. Sadly it never ends. But for now, they're together, safe and happy, for now. Y/n joined into the hug, they hugged eachother for a while. Ignoring the stares they're getting from the people. When they separated they decided to go back home and in the morning. They'll go to the doctor, to see if he can help D/n with his throat.

When they got home, they gave D/n some food. He looked at it and grabbed his fork. He then ate the food like a animal, you can't really blame him can you. His throat did hurt when he gobbled the food. He didn't care, he just kept eating. He was very very hungry. Y/n stared at her father as he ate. She wondered how long he didn't eat. She then looked at her mother, who was cutting some tomatoes.

She then looked back at D/n. She felt sad for her father. But he's safe now, he's with his family now. That's all that matters right now. D/n was done with the soup and he was still quite hungry(which is quite reasonable) the poor man must've been starving. M/n walked over to D/n and grabbed the bowl that used to be full of soup. Shen then gave him a plate that had some jam bread on it. D/n grabbed one piece of bread and ate it as fast and slow as he could.

Y/n continued to watch and she looked away and looked at her mother. She continued to make food. Y/n walked over and decided to help her mother.

What the l/n didn't know was that Sweeney was searching for them, mostly for y/n of course. Sweeney would ask the people if they have seen a h/c with long/short hair, with soft e/c eyes and pale skin. They always shook their heads or either said no. Sweeney didn't give up though. He'll search for you even if it's the death of him. He will have you back in his grasp, he will make you his wife. You will be his.

______________________________________

Hello, 👋 I apologize for not updating. I will try and finish this story today or tomorrow but I am determined to finish this book this week or month. By the way, who do you think D/n looks like? I really would want to know who you think looks like D/n. Also who do you think does John look like?