Birthday

Narrator POV

Today was a special day for Clara, or so she thought as she walked into work everyone knew her but had seemed to have forgotten the actual one good day of the year, her birthday.

Clara POV

I should have known no one would have remembered I mean it's a useless day anyway, a birthday.

I mean come on Clara you're not 10 or 12 anymore don't expect people to actually remember the day you were brought into this world.

I walked throughout the office seeing everyone typing away and chatting to one another like any other day.

I sat down at my desk and began my work until the entire office went quiet, looking near the elevator, that meant one thing and one thing only.

The boss had arrived.

She walked through the office everyone moving out of her way avoiding her eyes as she passed them.

She silently went into her office as everyone breathed out a breath of relief as we heard her door close.

After that everyone went back to their work but then out of nowhere I was sent an email from the boss.

Come to my office as soon as possible.

-Alexandra

I looked up from my computer looking around to see if anyone else got the same thing as me, but I guess not as no one looked afraid.

Turns out I wasn't going to have time to see her until the end of the day.

I had been jam packed with paper work, emails, and calls all day so as everyone practically ran to the elevator in order to leave.

In total honestly I had forgotten about it until I saw her standing outside her office looking at me, waving over to me to follow her, I nodded grabbing my things following her into her office.

"Please sit." She said gesturing to a chair which I took up the offer sitting down in one of the chairs.

"So I saw it was your birthday on your file." She said as I nodded confirming as she smiled.

"Well then on behalf of the company happy birthday." She said making me smile slightly.

"Thank you."

"And on behalf of me I have a gift for you." She said confusing me.

Then she pulled out a white box along with roses handing them to me as she sat there waiting for my reaction.

I took both gifts in hand shocked that she even got me anything to begin with.

"Open the box." She said softly.

I nodded setting down the roses and slowly opening the box to reveal a beautiful golden necklace with the word 'angel' on it.

"Thank you, I-I don't know what to say I-I can't t-take this it's too much." I said tearing up at the act of kindness.

I tried to hand it back but she refused pushing the gift back towards me.

"Clara, angel, I appreciate your kindness but I got that for you to celebrate your special day." She said making my heart melt as blush went across my face.

I stood up and hugged her catching her off guard but she hugged back making me melt into the hug.

"Thank you for remembering." I whispered as she smiled replying.

"No problem angel." She whispered back as she pulled away from the hug tucking my hair behind my ear softly.

"Now go enjoy your special day." She said as I nodded picking up the roses and slowly began to walk away.

But I stopped to look at her one last time.

"Don't stay too late." I said making her smile as she replied.

"I won't."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." She confirmed smiling making me smile back as I finally left the office.