12. Europa Tragedy

"Don't be sad, Gaya... Consider my experience as a life lesson for you. Who knows, your future husband might also be an astronaut. So, you should be prepared for those risks," said Dr. Sisca with a meaningful smile. Gayatri smiled along, but of course, she couldn't admit that she already feared those risks even at that very moment.

---------------------------------

On Thursday, July 4, 2458, one day after Bimasakti took off, all the crew members had adapted to their new work and life inside the spacecraft. Since leaving Earth's orbit, Bimasakti had been traveling at full speed, 0.5 percent of the speed of light, towards Saturn's moon, Titan, to rendezvous with the Cakrawala I and Cakrawala II spacecraft, which were already there. Team One and Team Two took turns on duty, each for six hours. However, Bimasakti was flying entirely on autopilot, so during their shifts on the bridge, their task was mainly to monitor the flight's progress. The pro-G engines on the floor of Bimasakti worked continuously to create artificial gravity, allowing the crew to walk inside the spacecraft normally as they would on Earth.

Gayatri began to enjoy her routine on Bimasakti, and it was mostly because Rizki was with her. Their companionship during the six-hour shifts on the bridge always filled her with excitement. She cherished the moments when they sat together in the pilot and copilot seats. Now they didn't need to wear their spacesuits, since regular overalls were sufficient. Furthermore, the fact that Bimasakti was flying on autopilot made their tasks easier, leaving them with ample time to converse. However, they remained cautious and avoided discussing their romance, as all conversations inside Bimasakti were also monitored by the bioscanners. The only place free from bioscanner surveillance was their bedrooms. It was the only place where they still had privacy. Only in their bedrooms could they speak freely through UVA, as it was the only communication channel in Bimasakti not monitored by the bioscanners.

On the second day, at eleven o'clock in Atlantis time, Bimasakti had already passed the planet Mars. This meant they had flown over 130 million kilometers away from Earth. While Rizki and Gayatri were on duty on the bridge last night, the planet appeared in the front window like a reddish moon. But now, Mars had been left behind and disappeared from view.

"Did you often fly to Mars, Gaya?" Rizki asked, recalling what he had seen yesterday. Gayatri nodded her head.

"Yes, when I was a pilot on Jatayu, Mars was one of our routine destinations," replied Gayatri.

"Did you also go to Mars frequently?" Gayatri asked in return. Rizki shook his head.

"I rarely go to Mars, only a few times," he answered.

"Oh yes, I remember... You were on Pasopati with Marshal Haris, who always went far away, right? Mars is indeed too close for Pasopati," said Gayatri. Previously, Rizki was a pilot on the Pasopati spacecraft when Colonel Haris was still his commander. Pasopati always had missions to far-off places like the Kuiper Belt.

"Yes... That's why I seldom go to Mars... But I have sweet memories there," Rizki said.

"What are they?" Gayatri asked, somewhat curious.

"The commander of Mars II Station was my AI professor back in the academy... She never forgot my favorite food. Every time I visited there, she would make that food in the replicator, just for me," said Rizki. Gayatri appeared puzzled.

"The commander of Mars II Station, you mean AI Major Arimbi?" asked Gayatri. Arimbi was a female android officer assigned as the Station Commander of Mars II.

"Yes, that's right. She was my AI professor for one semester at the academy. She always paid special attention to me. Maybe because I was the one who asked the most questions in class," Rizki explained. Gayatri had met Major Arimbi several times at Mars II Station. Like other female androids of type D, she had a beautiful face and perfect physique. However, Gayatri never saw her at the Space Academy, as Arimbi had been transferred to serve as the commander at Mars II Station when Gayatri had just entered the academy.