𝐗

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝖬𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥

   AFTER Arthur and Allison arrived back at their hotel room from the Bahrain Grand Prix after-party, Allison decided to take a shower first because she complained about being sweaty and feeling gross. But once she got out of the shower, a few minutes later Arthur entered. And now the hotel bed was occupied with Allison laying down in the middle of it in her silk pajamas.

She was planning on asking Arthur about their friendship because after what happened on Valentine's Day, she couldn't get that moment out of her head, it was like it was playing on repeat twenty-four-seven.

Because Arthur took the longest showers known to mankind, Allison had more than enough time to prepare herself for the huge question, but the time felt like it was going by as slowly as a sloth.

Her palms were slightly sweaty and no matter how many times she could wipe her hands off on the comforter they were still sweaty.

But eventually, Arthur came out of the bathroom with shorts and a wife beater on. "That took forever," Allison playfully groaned, "Shit you scared me, I didn't know you were still awake." Arthur placed one of his hands on his chest to feel his rapid heartbeat.

"Yeah, well I've got a question to ask. Only if you haven't been drinking at the party." Allison sat up before patting the spot next to her, "I didn't drink alcohol at the after-party. Did you?" Arthur sat next to the shorter girl. "No I did not." she picked at her fingers, it was a habit she picked up as a child whenever she would be stressed out. "So what do you have to tell me," Arthur asked.

"You know how on Valentine's Day we ended the night by fucking, which was amazing by the way. But for some reason ever since then my mind hasn't stopped thinking about it and our friendship. Basically what I'm saying is that best friends don't go around having sex with one another, Arthur. And it's stressing me out because you never mention that day,"

Suddenly Arthur interrupted the nervous girl, "I get what you're saying, and I'm sorry I don't talk about it after I clean us up. I thought you didn't mind that, but now I know that I was wrong. And trust me I do want to get into a relationship with you, but my brother and your sister are the talk of the town with them getting caught kissing, and it's leading to a shit ton of hate. Allison, I don't want people to leave rude comments on your posts even though some people already are."

"So what are you saying?" Allison's eyes adverted to the floor, "I swear, I want to start dating, but I don't know if you can handle all of the hate you'll get and all the press following you everywhere." Arthur stated, "What I'm understanding is that you want to date me but you're terrified about the hate I would receive." her eyes still stayed looking at the floor. "Exactly, so how about we can test this dating thing out but be on the low about it? So no telling anyone or acting like a couple in public, and if you're fine with all of it by maybe late April, we can make it official." he held his breath waiting on Allison to answer him.

All Allison did was stare at him for a moment before she let out a response, "We can do that, it'll help us adjust to the situation better." Then Arthur started breathing again, "I thought you were going to say no," he placed a soft kiss on Allison's forehead. "Now let's go to sleep, we have a whole day of traveling tomorrow."

If you told Allison at the beginning of the year that she and Arthur would be test dating, she would have laughed in your face.

—— AUTHOR SPEAKS
test dating is friends with benefits basically