five

IT WAS CURRENTLY 3 AM, AND PAIGE COULD NOT SLEEP

IT WAS CURRENTLY 3 AM, AND PAIGE COULD NOT SLEEP. she had been cleaning out her closet — which consumed of shoes and uconn basketball shirts.— paige was tired of sitting around all day and wearing the same thing over and over again, so she decided to unpack the clothes that were still in their respectful boxes. she had pretty much taken most of her clothes with her since a. she has a very nosy brother, and b. she needed all of her best clothes just incase of a fashion emergency. anyways, while cleaning out said closet, paige had found a box full of clothes that she had stolen from josie over the years. it was a box full of memories that paige was dreading to unlock. it had josie's old shorts, shirts, hoodies, and even her favorite basketball socks from the seventh grade. josie had a weird obsession with lucky socks for basketball, even if she magically lost them after not washing them, not that paige's mom threw them away or anything.

josie and paige had a bad habit of keeping things they grew attached too, so they just stole them from eachother. paige had picked up a crewneck that she had stolen whenever her and josie we're having one of their many sleepovers, and had gotten cold during the night. josie had to have the fan on, while paige had to have the heat on. polar opposites, but they made it work. paige had also found a pair of basketball shorts from one of their many basketball tournaments that were most likely very overpriced. she didn't know why that was the first box she opened, but now she couldn't stop thinking about it. more of it being josie and paige could not stop thinking about her as of recently. maybe it was the way she looked playing basketball, or maybe how her cheeks turned red whenever she laughed at nika and amari's constant bickering. wait, no it was definitely how good her a— wait. paige bueckers. you can not be looking at josie like that again. you guys aren't even friends! paige sighed, looking at the time again, 4:00 am. and not a single hour of sleep has come paige's way.

why has she been up for three hours thinking about josie anyway? there is no way possible she misses her. like, at all. paige had spent two years hating her, and not doing that sounds almost weird. she had become so used to not calling her whenever her brother did something good in school, or asking josie for help whenever she couldn't braid her hair the right way. she was almost back in a routine, but why does she want josie back in it? paige had cone to the conclusion that she actually missed her and there was nothing she could do about it. horray. paige rolled over in bed, and was finally able to get some sleep. cranky paige was something nobody wanted to encounter. she pulled the hood of the hoodie over her head and fell asleep.

JOSIE WAS IN THE GYM, RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL LOST IN THOUGHT. she was currently listening to 'i wish you would' while thinking about paige. iconic. the rest of the girls basketball team was doing their usual workouts around her, while she was lost in thought. what if she did actually miss paige? what she she even do. text her? call her? none of those opinions seemed right, which led her to making a plan to actually talk to the blonde. which made her want to crawl in a hole and die. josie hated talking about how she felt, especially to the person who made her feel that way. fortunately for josie, she had an amazing night of sleep unlike the blonde across the gym who was lifting weights. would everything go back to the way it was before? paige was quite literally the person she came to for anything. picking out her clothes, new lucky socks for basketball, buying new sunglasses, anything that involved fashion really. that's what made them work, josie was good at the things paige wasn't, and paige was good at the things josie wasn't. they were eachothers missing piece. josie was the moon and paige was saturn.

how would their friendship be once they made up? josie was trying to think on the bright side. that was the thing she was best at, besides basketball, always looking on the bright side. it was another good think about her, she always had the best ideas and advice. she stepped off the treadmill, her chest heaving up and down. how long had she been running for? she picked up her waterbottle for a drink, not noticing a stare she was getting from across the room. she sat down on the floor, scrolling through the playlist trying to get her breathing back to normal. she started to play 'i should hate you' by gracie abrams, walking over to the weights.

paige was in shambles. did josie always look that good working out? she sighed, pushing the rest of her thoughts to the back of her head. she had spent the last twenty minutes 'lifting weights' when in reality, she was most definitely staring at a certain brunettes ass. paige felt like a horrible human. she looked over at azzi, ignoring the 'i know something' look on her face. "azzi, don't even right now. i don't wanna hear it" paige blew a strand of hair out of her face, rolling her eyes. "i didn't say anything!" she laughed, ignoring paige's death glare. "yeah but you we're definitely implying something." "i was not!" she smiled sarcastically, getting on the treadmill beside of paige. "azzi." she warned, turning on the horrible machine. paige hated running. she didn't know how anyone enjoyed it. she only did track in middle school because josie convinced her too, and hated every second of it. don't ask how she does basketball, because she doesn't know either. she pulled her ponytail tighter, turning up her music. across the room, josie was in the same position she was ten minutes ago. "what the hell" she mumbled to herself, hiding her flushed cheeks from no one in particular.

JOJOPHILLS

Liked by caitnotclark21 and others

jojophills "I miss you too much to be mad anymore." 💌🎀🎧

jazzie speaks !!

jazzie speaks !!

soooooo....