Chapter 9

'Party'

After around 25 minutes there's a knock on the door. Jade and I have now both gotten fully ready, both topping up our makeup as well as changing into dresses. We're wearing matching dresses though hers is green, of course, and mine is pink.

I follow her down the stairs towards the door as she lets a few people in.
"Jade!" Cat exclaims, throwing herself into Jade and I can't help the twinging feeling pulling at my heart. "This is Sam, my roommate, Carly, Freddie, Gibby and obviously Robbie." She states.
"You guys are from iCarly, right?" I ask after seeing the familiar faces.
"That's us." Carly beams. "So, is there any occasion for this party?" She asks.
"Tori's party." Jade huffs.
"What is it between you two?" Robbie asks as the 6 of them make their way inside behind us into the living room. We all sit down on the couches, Jade sat next to me with Cat on the other side, Robbie on the other side of her, Sam and Freddie on another couch and Gibby and Carly on the last couch.
"It's not between us, it's between me and Beck but Tori can't keep her stupid nose out of anyone's business." Jade scoffs.
"Guys, I think she's annoyed about this." Cat states as if it isn't obvious.
"And they think blondes are the... lacking ones." Sam huffs, half joking.
"How are you in all of this, Y/n? I mean, Tori's your sister but Jade's your... best friend?" Robbie asks, unsure if he should call me that.
"Tori's in the wrong, she kissed him and now she's dealing with stuff that both of them are over." I state, sighing slightly. "Anyone for drinks?" I ask, standing up.

Jade and I grab drinks for everyone from the kitchen after taking a list of what each of them wants.
"Do you think Robbie thinks we're like dating or something?" Jade asks with an amused smirk playing on her lips.
"Why?" I question, pouring a few drinks.
"Well, because he hesitated when calling you my best friend." She replies.
"Robbie's scared of you, he didn't want to assume you like me more than you do." I state, making any reason as to why he would say it that way.
"Oh come on, Vega. What do you say we mess with him? Pretend that we're dating." She suggests with a slight smirk. Oh my heart definitely can't handle that.
"Jade, no, that's mean." I reply. It would be funny if I didn't want to actually date her.
"Mean is funny." She states. "It'll do no real harm, it's not like we wouldn't make a good couple anyway." She comments.
"Fine. But you don't get to kiss me." I reply, walking back out with a few drinks in hand, giving them out. I wouldn't want my first kiss with her, if I ever had that, to be because we were fake dating.

"Are those the knives from the scissoring?" Sam asks Jade once she's back in the room.
"The exact ones. You know the scissoring?" Jade asks in return, heading over to the couch with Sam and Freddie. I throw myself down in my original seat once handing out all the drinks.
"Are you okay, Y/n?" Cat asks, moving over so she could talk to me better.
"Jealous, maybe?" Robbie suggests, looking over to the two girls talking away about some dumb, stupid film... a good, dumb, stupid film.
"Why would I be jealous?" I ask.
"Isn't she your girlfriend?" Cat asks. "I mean, I thought she'd tell me if you were with someone new, but we haven't really spoken much." She rambles.
"Look-" I start, going to set things straight before thinking about what Jade told me. "Yeah, yeah, she's my girlfriend." I huff. I wish I could be saying that like it was the truth but it's not. And with Jade suggesting us to be together as a joke makes me think that it'll never be the truth.
"I knew it!" Cat exclaims.
"Knew what?" Sam asks, breaking the conversation with 'my girlfriend'.
"That Jade is Y/n's girlfriend!" She screeches, heading over to Jade to dance with her.
"Cat I'm not dancing with you." Jade replies, flatly.
"When did you guys get together?" Cat asks, dragging Jade back to the couch and shoving her next to me.
"The day after they broke up." I spurt, not wanting it to seem as if Jade cheated on Beck with me.
"Oh my god, Jade totally broke up with Beck for her." Carly states. Everyone has now joined into the conversation which I'm not sure if I love or hate.
"Okay, enough about me and Jade." I huff, moving so I have a little bit more personal space, and to make Jade more comfortable. She looks over to me before smirking, then grabbing my hand in hers, entwining her fingers in mine.
"Aren't you happy, darling?" She whispers in my ear before backing away, giving me a smirk.
"Awh, Robbie, aren't they so cute?" Cat asks as she crosses her arms and leans back on the couch, knitting her brows together ever so slightly.
"How did it happen?" Sam asks.
"Well Y/n came over to mine and watched the scissoring with me, like Beck never did, and-" She explains before I cut in.
"She asked me to be her girlfriend." I add.
"That's so basically sweet." Sam replies.
"Yeah, unlike how you and Freddie got together." Carly chuckles. Good to know that they were together.
"We don't talk about that period of my life." Sam states with a roll of her eyes.
"I was the perfect boyfriend." Freddie comments.
"I don't miss you one bit." Sam replies in a cocky voice.
"Oh, whatever. One day you'll miss me." He states.
"Your mother is the only one who will ever miss you." She replies.
"Okay, okay. You fight, you're out of the party." Jade interrupts.
"Oh come on, man, I thought we were cool." Sam huffs.
"We are, I just want to have a good night with my girlfriend." She teases, squeezing my hand slightly.

A/n: And so it begins...