Chapter 17

'Kick back'

We arrive at the kickback, it's so busy. There are so many people and there's music blaring. There's food tables everywhere which I'm thankful for, I'm starving.
"Recommendation, don't take one of Sikowitz's sausages." Jade states as she takes off her helmet. "Y/n, I need you to take your arms from around me." She adds, I retract my hands, only now noticing that they were still wrapped tightly around her.
"Sorry." I murmur, climbing off behind her after taking off my own helmet.
"Come on, let's go." She says, grabbing my hand as we head over to the crowds.
"Y/n, can we talk?" Tori asks, coming up to us.
"Do you really want to ruin her first kick back?" Jade retorts.
"Jade, it's okay. I'll meet you over there." I state, pointing to the chirpy redhead.

Tori leads me over to one of the food tables where I grab some food, avoiding all the sausages.
"What's up?" I ask, looking at Tori.
"I just wanted to apologise." She huffs. Tori is not one to apologise so this comes as a surprise.
"Wow, an apology from you?" I chuckle dryly, crossing my arms.
"You were right about Beck." She states. She's looking down at the ground, avoiding my gaze.
"Of course I was, you've always been too proud to listen." I reply.
"You don't have to be mean." She grumbles, looking up.
"Whatever. Are you apologising or what?" I ask, getting impatient.
"Alright, alright, I'm sorry. Sisters again?" She asks with a hopeful look on her face.
"Sisters again." I reply, giving her a slight hug.
"You know, I don't care if you get with Jade or not. If you're happy then that's all that matters." She states simply, smiling at me once we retract from the hug.
"I don't want to get with her." I mumble the lie.
"I'm your sister, I'm not stupid." She chuckles, walking away. "Tell her I say sorry, by the way." She adds.

I walk back over to Jade and Cat, Jade is convincing Cat to not eat a sausage.
"Okay, it's definitely not animal meat." Jade states simply.
"But it tastes so good!" She replies, going in for a bite.
"No!" She exclaims, taking the sausage from Cat and throwing it on the floor.
"My sausage!" Cat huffs.
"How'd it go with her?" She asks, turning to me, slightly disgusted.
"It went okay, she apologised to me, and to you by the way." I state, offering Jade a burger.
"Not forgiven." She mumbles, taking the food from my hand.
"You don't have to, but at least it makes it less awkward." I reply. "I guess the groups back together." I add.
"Not if he's going to be there it's not." She huffs with a roll of her eyes.
"I'm assuming not, she was saying how I was right about him. Anyway, kick back time." I say, wanting to be over with the Beck topic.
"Yes!" Cat cheers.
"Oh look, Robbie." Jade chuckles.
"Ah!" She screams, running off.
"What's with her and Robbie?" I ask, confused by her reaction to the mention of Robbie.
"Every kick back this happens, Cat wants Robbie to ask her but she also doesn't, then he asks her weirdly and she says no and runs away and then spends the whole time avoiding him." She explains.
"Someone needs to just get those two together." I huff.
"I could say the same about two other people." Trina states with a proud smile as she appears.
"Trina." I grumble.
"Bye!" She chuckles, walking away.
"Who is she talking about?" Jade asks.
"No one." I mumble. "Now, show me how to do this kick back thing." I demand gently.

I end up dancing with Jade for most of the night. She performs a song at one point; 'You don't know me'. Most likely directed towards Beck but a phenomenal performance nonetheless. It was very attractive. Plus her voice is something else.

"That was amazing!" I tell Jade as she makes her way over to me.
"Thank you, Vega." She replies, slightly smiling. She walks past all the crowds and heads into the school, I follow, of course.
"Where are we going?" I ask.
"Somewhere quiet." She states, taking a seat against some lockers.
"This isn't exactly quiet." I reply as I take a seat next to her.
"Quieter." She adds. I lean my head against Jade's shoulder, suddenly feeling a wave of exhaustion. "Past your bedtime?" She asks.
"Yes, actually." I joke in reply. I take her hand from where it was resting on the floor and start to fiddle with her rings. "You always wear these rings, any reason?" I ask.
"I like the way they look, each one has a story." She replies as her gaze falls down to her hand.
"This one?" I ask, pointing to the one on her thumb.
"It was my grandmother's." She states.
"This one?" I point to the one on her pointer.
"My first ring."
"This one?" I point to her pinky.
"My mom got it for me for my 18th."

I reach over and grab Jade's other hand and point to them, receiving explanations for all of them, until she gets to her ring finger.
"Promise ring from Beck. I guess I never thought to take it off." She huffs, ripping the ring off of her finger and chucking it.
"I guess that means it's officially over?" I ask.
"Officially over." She states. "I never thought that would happen." She adds.
"How do you feel?" I ask, looking up at her.
"Relieved, however strange it sounds." She states. I look into her eyes, receiving the same from her and I feel myself start to be pulled into her.
"Y/n, there you are!"

A/n: This is not proof read and very quickly written, I wish I could've made it a little better than it was but I'm so tired at the moment and I have a test tomorrow, even though it's only my second week at college and I can't lie I wrote this in stead of studying for it...