A View Of The Stars (Edited)

"Neither a witch nor a demon. A child of the stars." -The Owl House

----------

Footsteps pattered from behind you and Hanako, the wood creaking loudly beneath the person's feet.

"Hanako, M/n," It was Nene. She walked and stopped between you and Hanako's sitting figures. You looked up at her, she was holding a tray containing three tea cups and a teapot accented with silver, just as the cups were.

"You took a little longer for just tea, did she do anything?" You asked. Nene put down the tray and sat down on her knees. "No, she didn't do anything to me specifically, just made me clean a ton." She answered, sighing sadly at the end, you nodded.

"Where is she?" Hanako asked, he was still looking up at the sky, admiring its features, he never once looked at Nene.

"She went to get a bath ready. Anyways, what are you two doing out here?" Nene questioned. Just in time, the Haku-Jodai had returned, scuffling around until it was back next to Hanako. "I had Haku-Jodai scout out the area to see where the closest exit is," Hanako said with a smile, finally looking away from the stars. Nene brightened. "Did it find anything?" She asked quickly and loudly, you were concerned if Sumire would hear. The Haku-Jodai wriggled around, making noises only Hanako could understand. "Long story short. . " He started, still listening to the supernatural.

"We're still in Number Six's boundary." Hanako finished disappointingly. You could see Nene's mood visibly depleted, and so did yours, but you were careful with how you showed it. The last thing the three of you needed was disparity.

"We. . .are?" Nene questioned slowly, looking at her hands that folded in her lap, you put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, but this world is practically identical to the mortal realm. Either because that was the plan or a reflection of Number Six's past. We all need to be careful about that Sumire girl." Hanako explained. You glared off to the side. "Good, never trusted her in the first place," You grumbled, Hanako laughed at your words and behavior.

"But in all seriousness, Sumire is most likely an incredibly dangerous person here. She has to be working for Number Six, playing as a doll that can only carry out the roles given to her by Number Six. We're still locked up here because of Number Six." Hanako concluded, crossing his arms over his chest and looking up for a moment, then down at you and Nene, "And also"–He walked back towards you and Nene, grabbing the teapot stationed next to Nene. He tilted the pot, having all the tea spill out onto the dirt, a dark spot formed where the tea hit–"Best to not drink this," He suggested sternly. Nene looked at the puddle that was once tea sadly. You could tell she wanted to drink it, but Hanako was right, nothing could be trusted here.

"We'll find a way to get back. Before you know it, we'll be back at school and back at home and back with Aoi, I promise." You reassured the sad girl. Nene nodded, getting over the spilled tea.

"It would speed things up if we could find his Yorishiro," Hanako said. You nodded. "Then let's look for that first."

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵?" An annoying voice interrupted. Speak of the devil and she shall show herself. Sumire wrapped her arms around Nene's shoulders, pushing yours off and hugging Nene from behind. She let out a confused squeak, becoming stiff.

"None of your business." Both you and Hanako responded simultaneously, glaring off into the distance. Sumire gave a pouty face, "𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘎𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘒𝘺𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘕𝘦𝘯𝘦?" She said, shaking Nene a little.