Chapter 19.

Neli was surprised when she heard a loud pop as she entered their house, when she opened her eyes she saw colorful confetti falling on her.

"CONGRATULATIONS!"

She saw her father holding a cake while Mel, Camile and her two step-sisters held the confetti poppers. Today is the day that the cast from her leg was removed after more than a month, but according to her therapist she still needs to continue her physical therapy to get her walking back to normal.

She laughed when she looked again at the cake her father was holding.

"What's with the cake?" she asked with a laugh. "Who has a birthday today?"

She saw her father immediately turn to the four next to him, she saw Mel and Camille quickly look away from him, while her two step-sisters suddenly became busy looking at the confetti poppers held by them.

"It's their fault." her father said while pointing to them. "They said it's better to give a cake than--."

She was surprised when a bouquet of red tulips suddenly appeared in front of her, she looked around and saw that Caleb was holding it.

"Congratulations." he said then put his arm around her waist and kissed her forehead. "You did well."

"You.. when did you get this?" she asked then took the bouquet. "Thank you."

Caleb accompanied her to the hospital where her cast was removed, but she never saw him leave her side.

"I rushed out earlier when you're doing your physical therapy in the hospital."

"Ayieeee~~" she heard Mel and her two step-sisters teased her causing her face to blush.

"Aha! I GET IT!" she heard her father say. "That's why you guys told me that it's better to give cake than flowers to my princess."

"Your princess has a husband and you, as a father, giving her flowers is not sweet at all." Camile said while laughing. "We want some thrill, honey."

They all laughed at what Camille said.

It's been more than a month since her relationship with Caleb improved. They had a lot of misunderstandings in their past that they had not discussed before so they decided to ask and find out the truth about each other, they also asked even the smallest details like what is their favorite color, foods and all. They just talked about each other that night as if time stopped for them, they also decided not to get a divorce and try to start their relationship anew.

And just two weeks after her cast was removed, her leg completely healed and her walk became normal again so she decided to go back to her work, but Caleb did not agree to let her go back to New York again. She didn't argue with him anymore because she remembered that she didn't renew her contact with her agency either, so she just called her agency to apologize and said that she will just continue her career as a model in the country. She found out that her agency was already informed about what happened to her and was thankful that she was finally okay.

-----

"You look so gorgeous Ma'am Hazel." Hazel assistant said excitedly.

Hazel looked at herself in the mirror again, she was wearing an evening gown with silver sequins stone embellished sheet top and a soft long tulle layered slit skirt. She knew that the night would be special for her so she wore a beautiful dress.

Today is Mrs. Carmen's birthday and her celebration will be held at the Valdez mansion. Back then Caleb was always her escort whenever there was an event or party at the Valdez family mansion, but now she couldn't even talk to him even for a second. There's a lot of news as well regarding Caleb and Neli relationship but she doesn't care, because people did not believe in that news and still think that she's still Caleb's girlfriend.

She didn't want to spoil her night, she had prepared a lot for a long time and she knew that after tonight, her life would become perfect so she immediately went to Valdez's mansion.

All the eyes of the guests turned to Hazel when she entered the mansion hall.

Of course, who wouldn't be fascinated by my beauty.

She immediately went inside to find Mrs. Carmen but she couldn't see her, so she just went to her table and waited for her to appear. She couldn't wait to see Mrs. Carmen reaction when she sees her wearing an expensive and beautiful dress, because Mrs. Carmen loves beautiful and expensive things.

Several artists came to greet her, when she saw some well-known directors and producers together with some movie investors, she didn't hesitate to approach and introduce herself to them. She wants to have as many connections as possible, especially with the investors, and she wants them to know as well how much of a connection she has with the Valdez family.

Hazel was happily talking with one of the investors when they suddenly heard the emcee announced to welcome Mrs. Carmen.

She was amazed when she saw her and what she was wearing. It's one of Oscar de Dios' collection and it's famous all over the world, the limited scarlet colored gown has an illusion tulle yoke that's embellished with flower shaped rubies. It was cut from merlot crepe with cape-effect sleeves and floor sweeping hem, creating dramatic movement as she made her way around the hall in the mansion.
My mother-in-law looks stunningly beautiful tonight.

She suddenly laughed at what she thought but she really loves the idea of Mrs. Carmen being her mother-in-law. It's been fourteen years since she was adopted by her, and since then she has dreamt of becoming a real part of their luxurious family.
Hazel smirked.

She assured that after tonight, Mrs. Carmen will become her mother-in-law for real.

Hazel was about to go to where Mrs. Carmen was when she saw her run to someone and it was Caleb, she smiled and about to approach them but her smile immediately disappeared when she saw Neli beside him. She was stunned to see how gorgeous Neli was, it seems like she didn't have an accident three months ago. Her skin is still smooth and glowing as before, not even a scar or bruise can be seen on her skin.

She's wearing a lavender colored off shoulder drape top gown with gold embroidery floral pattern and tulle sheer overlayer skirt combined with alluring red lipstick and wavy black hair makes her look like a goddess.

Her blood immediately boiled in anger and jealousy because of what she saw, she even saw the old woman come to them as well and they chatted like a happy family. A few minutes passed when she saw the old woman grab Neli's hand and dragged her somewhere, leaving Caleb and Carmen alone.

She smirked thinking that everything was going according to her plan, she immediately approached the two who were busy talking to each other.
So what if Neli looks like a goddess, she doesn't care because Caleb will still be with her tonight.

"Happy Birthday Auntie." she greeted Mrs. Carmen with her sweetest smile.

"Oh you're here Hazel." she smiled at her. "Thank you for coming to my birthday party."

"I'm the one who should say thank you for inviting me here, Auntie." she said then turned to Caleb. "How are you, Caleb?"

But Caleb didn't answer her, she felt mad but immediately calmed himself. She won't let all her plans be ruined, just because of her temper.

She suddenly saw a waiter passing by their side, so she immediately called him to get wine and handed it to the two. She's glad that Caleb took the wine that she gave to him.

"Cheers?"