(𝐈𝐕.)𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄

"AREUM-AH!" Seongcheol shouted, grabbing not only her attention but also everyone else in the room. "Manager-nim called for you. I think your parents are here to visit."

The said girl stood up and quickly followed the boy who led her to their manager. It had been a week since they first interacted and they acted as though the boy had adopted her already.

By the time they reached their manager, Seongcheol returned back to their dance room, leaving the girl under their manager's care.

"Areum, your parents are here," the man said with a gentle smile. "Let's go see her, yeah?"

Areum nodded enthusiastically, following behind him. She hadn't seen her parents in so long and she knew that they couldn't visit often due to them not being allowed to but for every once in a while, there would be a time when they are given a chance.

"Eomma! Appa!" Areum shouted, running past the manager to hug them.

Her parents welcomed her with open arms, the largest smiles on their faces as if they haven't seen each other in years.

"I missed you," Areum whispered, hiding her face in her mother's chest as her manager walked away.

"We missed you too, our little idol," her father teased, ruffling her hair messily.

"Appa..." Areum whined, combing her hair in an attempt to make it more presentable.

"Areum-ah," her mother's calm voice snapped her attention from her hair. "I brought some donuts. Share them with your friends, will you?"

"You made them?" she asked, taking the reusable bags filled with four boxes full of donuts.

"You know I did," she smiled, smoothing out her daughter's hair. "We haven't got long. We have to leave soon."

"When will I see you again?" Areum asked, her voice quieter than earlier.

"We'll be back next week, okay?" her father said, kissing the top of her head. "Don't be upset, now."

"Okay..." she murmured as her mother kissed her cheek.

"Now go and train to become our little idol, yeah?" Her mother gave her the kindest smile.

"I still can't believe you want to become an idol," her father said, feigning sadness. "After all the architectural lessons I've given you."

Her mother hit him gently as he let out a small chuckle, patting his daughter's hair once more.

"Bye!" Areum waved at them as her manager escorted her back to the dance room.

Her manager helped her carry the large reusable bag on their way back. Along the way, the girl thought hard on how she should offer the donuts to the boys, especially those who she had never interacted with at all.

Soon, they reached to the door of the green-walled room.

"Areumie! You're back!" Seokmin shouted, running towards her and sliding on the floor to reach her.

Their manager handed her the bag and left the room, reminding them that their dance tutor would arrive soon.

"What've you got there?" Seungkwan asked, peering curiously at the bag that she had.

"Donuts..." Areum said shyly, slowly handing them the donuts. "For you."

Seokmin gasped dramatically. "For me?!"

"She means all of us, you idiot," Seungkwan retorted, rolling his eyes as he took the bag from Seokmin's grasp. "Thank you, Areum-ah."

Areum nodded her head once while letting out a noise of acknowledgement. The two boys gathered some others to the centre of the practice room, removing the lids of the containers to release the heavenly smell of the donuts.

Areum just sat silently, eating her donut when all of a sudden, Jeonghan appeared next to her.

"Areum-ah," Jeonghan said, handing her two donuts on tissue paper. "Why don't you give these to Joshua and Vernon."

The girl glanced to the side where the two boys were sitting against the wall, one holding a guitar while the other sheets of paper. She then glanced at her disregarded donut on the floor and the two donuts on her hands before hesitantly standing up and walking towards them.

The pair hadn't noticed the girl's presence until her shadow loomed over them. Joshua and Vernon glanced up at her, shocked that she was the one standing in front of them.

Areum opened her mouth to try and say something but she didn't know what to say. Instead, she reached out and offered them donuts.

"For me?" Joshua asked, eyes sparkling visibly.

The girl nodded shyly and reached out even more, letting the two boys take the donuts.

"Thank you," Vernon said and started eating his share.

"Thank you, Areumie," Joshua said, his voice sweet and calm.

It was then that she realised just how un-scary they were. All of them had been nice to her and were all welcoming. Only then, she was already anxious to see how they would react to her suddenly entering the group like it was nothing.

And yet another one hooked, ready to provide her with the best he could.