Part 19

I titled my head in confusion. What the hell is he talking about?

The way Andrew calls me names? The way he looks at me like I'm an idiot? He seemed a bit softer than he usually was when I first started staying at his house, but it's not like he's changed.

"You know, if there's one thing I took note of, it's the way he looks at you when you're not looking at him. Like your the moon on a dark night."

My face got hot and my stomach started to feel fuzzy. There's that weird feeling again. I think I might be-

"You love him, don't you?"

Huh? Love?

"No way. I don't know how to do that. Besides, he's an asshole, I don't-"

"You're blushing."

What? No, it's just hot in here.

"The fireplace is-"

"You always put your hand on your stomach when someone else mentions his name."

No..

"I barely eat, my stomach just hurts-"

"Your eyes have this light in them whenever he's around. And whenever someone mentions his name you get just little bit more interested in what they're saying, even if you hate that person. You always take a step closer to him whenever you're with him and you don't even notice that you do."

I looked at him, shocked by all he had to say.

"What now? You gonna tell me there was too much dust in the air? Or you just happened to start listening? Or you got the chills and moved on instinct?"

"You aren't that kind of girl, Vivian. You love the cold, because your body's gotten used to it. A spec of dust couldn't faze a girl like you, Vivian. And you aren't the kind of girl that tunes in just because you happened to, you do everything with caution. You think before you act, and you mind your own business so that you don't get into unnecessary drama."

I spoke quietly, in awe of what he was saying.

"Zac.. I-"

"Save it for Andrew. I'm taking you home."

He got up, grabbing his keys and coat, slipping it on as he stood by the door.

"Well, c'mon. Andrew will kill me if I keep you here one more day."

Just then his phone started to ring, and it was Andrew's number.

Zac held up another one of his coats that was by the door.

"67 missed calls. Now, let's go. Don't leave him waiting."

I smiled, standing up and walking over to Zac, grabbing the coat from his hand. After I put it on, he opened up the door and locked it behind us.

We got in the car and drove to Andrew's place.

"Thank you, Zac."

He pulled towards the side walk and stopped the car outside of Andrew house. It started to pour heavily outside.

"For what?"

We got of the the car and started up the walkway to the door.

"For helping me, and explaining what was going on."

He chuckled.

"I could tell it was eating away at you. And that's the last thing you need right now."

I laughed.

"What's the first?"

He suddenly stopped walking and faced me, the both of us getting soaked in the rain.