WHAT?

"Freak!! A girl. And there's a hand over hand. Hand in his hair," you were adding subtitles to their actions and soon you find yourself lost.

"A girl. And Him. In your favourite cafe. Nice." Your muttering gets disturbed as Irene pokes you, indicating to the seat which got vacant.

"Let's go babyyy," Irene drages you with her while her sweet yet a little annoying voice echoes through the cafe.

As you pass the tables, you cannot help but peek at them. He doesn't smile like that… you never saw him smiling when he was with you. He never blushes on compliments but he is blushing. He never listens with so much concentration but he is paying attention to her.

But as far as you know, he never got involved with girls. At least never till university.  All he ever had as friends in girls was….

Eleanor.

"Eleanor" the name slips your mouth, your throat aches while your gaze pierces her back.

Don't let her be Eleanor.

Don't.

Please not her.

You knew Taehyung loved her. It's been always her since high school till university.  Even when she moved out of Korea for high studies, Taehyung never led his eyes on anyone else. In Fact he shut himself down just for her, her love. You saw him working part time, playing football, joining singing groups to keep himself busy. And except that he was never seen in university. Not even in classes.

You don't even know if you get to see her then how would you survive? Survival is not even in the talk… how would you get courage to even see her.

But now you just had your eyes on your love, Taehyung. Whom you loved too much. When you are seeing him you just wish for the lady to be you. He was giggly and all smiley to be precise happy.

And somewhere it made you happy seeing him happy. After all these years you never thought you would get to see high school happy Taehyung back. His boxy smile covered all his face as his finger trails down to remove long slits of his hair covering his eyes. His eyes were squinted due to the amount of laughter they were getting exposed to.

You glow differently when you are in love.

"Why can't you love me back?"  Was all you could think. You felt your heart being placed at the sharpest knife edge and being pressed to make it bleed till it's left vacant with nothing. And your love for Taehyung and everyone you ever loved being washed out with it.

"Ma'am if you are done staring at the beautiful interiors, could you please have a seat?" Irene mocks you in a funny way as she tugs on your wrist, catching your attention.

"Ahh yes," you laugh it out to calm yourself while your insecure inner self burns down in fire.

Your bing soo arrives as you and Irene get lost in the tasty ice cream. Even though, Taehyung occupied your whole mind, you knew you can't let him or your love ruin your inner peace. You can handle yourself and that too in a better way.

The tasty and scrumptious bing soo freezed your feelings for a while, at least till you reach home back from the cafe and office.

As you reach the rat hole back you find yourself over think about the scene saw earlier. It didn't deserve to destroy you so personally yet it did.

How can it not y/n, when Taehyung is all you ever wished for? And you think seeing him now going away won't disrupt your peace?

But he wasn't close to me before too so how is he going away? It's just him getting close to someone. Someone who is not you.

Hurt would be a small term to define what you felt at the time. Your everything was shattering.

Maybe you were overthinking??

'I am overthinking. Shhhh… let's get back home,' you take a deep breath before leaving the office.

Past half an hour you reach your home.

Yours? No. His home? Yes.

Now your mind was on extra working period. Every little thing is gonna make you question your love for him, your existence in his life.

Good luck, y/n!

"Who's there?" You hear a sharp alarmed voice as soon as you open the door with spare keys.

Tae is at home? So soon?

It wasn't even dinner time, not even on weekends he came this early. Maybe after his so called date he came home directly.

I don't want to face you. Not right now.

"Its… me, Y/n." You answer monotonously and cross the passage to hike up the staircase. You didn't even spare a glance at Taehyung sitting in the living room watching a tv soap which he doesn't even understand. 

To be precise he didn't have anything to do until you came back home hence he turned the television on. He wasn't a person who would spend time waiting for you… which was exactly what he was doing right now. But he hated to admit it.

Taehyung… waiting for his wife, Y/n? Never.
Today is the day though.

After getting freshened up for more than an hour, which usually takes around fifteen minutes, you reach the kitchen to cook dinner. And to your surprise Taehyung has already ordered dinner.

That wasn't the thing to surprise you. The thing which astonished you was that Taehyung was waiting for you to start the dinner.

Dinner. With me?

He was setting up two plates opposite to one another. Settling down his chair, he finds your figure standing confused on the door.

"Come on, I am hungry…" he whines, tilting his head while his lips pass a faint chuckle.

I must be dreaming?

He chuckled? He waited for me?

Passing the table slowly, you reach your chair. The seat exactly opposite to his.

He gets up to serve you, and adds soup to your bowl. He serves you rice with some curry. And for the whole time your heart beats against your chest, while your nails digs in your thighs as you try to control the wave of emotions flooding your soul.

Love for him. Affection for him. Cold shoulder by him. Betrayal by him.  Affection from him.

A deep breath escapes your lips, catching his attention.

His gaze reads you as a stressed person right now.

Is something troubling you?

You couldn't control it. You couldn't. And finally a drop of tear rolls down your  plump cheek.

I didn't do anything to make her cry! Why is she crying?

"Y/n…" that was your last straw. His icy voice wasn't cold. It was soft, below average decibel much like, muffled voice.

How can you do this to me? You pierce your shooting glare at him.

You made me lose that Y/n...

I'll be never that me again!

Your this drama... this setup, made me lose everything I had for you!

"I am not hungry," you affirm and escape the room.

"What the f…"

------------- wishing you all a happy... I mean an angst reading -----------