ϟ 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘯 • 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵 ϟ

Jeongin.
Jeongin Centric.
Jeongin gets his heart absolutely shattered.

Intro: It took Jeongin 20 years to finally accept his sexuality. It took Jeongin a season to finally accept he has feelings for his best friend. It took Jeongin 2 years to realize the feelings would swallow him whole if he didn't do something about them soon.

If only he noticed.

~

Autumn has always been the easiest season to get through for Jeongin. The all-consuming feeling of the leaves changing, the start of a chilly breeze, and the time of the year Jeongin appreciates the most for so many reasons.

The autumn of Jeongin's 20th year on this god-forsaken earth was the season of realization. The awakening of hidden, meddling feelings. The feelings that snailed it's way into Jeongin's subconscious. His wandering eyes that never caught the attention of anyone, even himself. The pool water that'd make its own maze on Minho's sun-kissed body. A maze that Jeongin's warm chocolate brown eyes would follow until the end, meeting at the top of the older's swim trunks. Those same eyes would immediately work their way back up to the strong collarbones waiting for the next maze to begin. An endless activity that caught Jeongin's entertainment. The summer and autumn would pass by easily when he finally confessed to himself that it's okay to have feelings for your best friend; as long as nothing comes of it. Letting himself delve into those twisting and turnings of unconfessed feelings.

The autumn of Jeongin's 21st year was spent much more quiet than the last year's autumn. The whispers and murmurs of his quiet-kept feelings died down, but never left completely. Game nights, drinking nights, movie nights with the whole friend group were the types of times those feelings awakened and kept all Jeongin's senses alive and awaiting for a laugh from Minho, a smile sent his way when he'd make a joke, just reaching for any attention he could receive from the older. No one picked up on the attempts, and no one questioned it. Jeongin was known for quietly asking for attention, not one for loudly making his needs known.

On a specific night, there was no reason to drink, nothing to celebrate. Just a warmer night in the beginning of the season everyone joined together in Chan's apartment which provided everyone's alcoholic likes and the game Overcooked. Quickly the apartment was laugh-filled, Jeongin enjoying himself more and more as the night went on.

Not one for games, Jeongin made home in the kitchen where he could see everything happening in the living room but took the seat that's closest to the food. Chan being a clean and neat-freak wasn't a new idea to anyone in their group, Chan made it very known when he met them all. You are welcome in his apartment if you follow his rules. Food is kept in the kitchen.

Minho made his way to the kitchen, straight to the fridge for another drink as he stole a glance at the youngest in their little group.

Jeongin's attention was completely on the living room, as it looked from Minho's point of view.

Though he had no idea Jeongin's mind was going just a bit haywire every time he was alone in a room with Minho.

Jeongin is no where near a hopeless romantic. He's actually quite the opposite. Anything cheesy wasn't on his mind, if anything he liked the idea of saying "I hate you" to his future partner and them understanding that means he's so desperately in love with them he can't express it in any correct way. Was he just trying to make his own version of enemies to lovers? No, he doesn't need that. He likes what he was with Minho now. No need to express any romantic emotion because the feeling isn't mutual.