Episode 2

----------۝----------
THIRD PERSON'S POV
----------۝----------

August 12th, 1937;

05:56 PM;

Sitting over the threshold of her robbed house, she was blankly staring out at the silent neighbourhood.

The sun was drowning down and so were her hopes. The only sound heard was the strong gusts of wind blowing away the dust across the deserted streets. The weather was indicating an upcoming storm.

Her eyes fell over her red luggage and they narrowed as her limp body finally showed some movements.

She has an aunt. Who lived in some nearby neighbourhood.

What if her parents were there?

Her whole body filled with adreline as she jumped up from her place and caught her luggage.

She had the adress in there..... She did....

Finding the old piece of paper, tears of happiness cascaded down her eyes.

She immediately held the luggage and dragged it along with her.

.......

The walk was tiring and unending, as the sun already drowned down long ago, while she cluelessly roamed around the empty streets.

She was sure that she was in the right direction but there was no one around to ask for correction. Her limbs almost giving up after the long stroll.

From a little far, coarsene voices reached her ears, small lights flashing across the dark street.

Walking forward with cautionary, a group of tall men in army uniforms came into her sight. They were casually laughing and chitchatting. Behind them stood a huge  warehouse.

It must be the army post. She concluded.

The way was staright, so she decided to just walk past them keeping a safe distance.

Army officers were mostly corrupted in her country. Most of them even being involved with the dictator, helping him against the government for their own personal gains.

She moved to the other side of the road but her approaching steps caught everyone's eye.

The officers in their uniform gawked at her as she cautiously passed by keeping her steps fast and steady.

"Hey stop!"

Her feet came to an immediate halt at the order but her conscience told her to run as fast as possible.

"Come over here.", another officer ordered making her limbs go numb.

With a pounding heart, she slowly turned around and watched as the officers surrounded her.

"What's in the bag?", an officer asked snatching her luggage.

"Clothes and some important...."

"What are you doing here at this time?", another cut her mid sentence, stepping closer to her, invading her personal space.

"I.... I'm going t-o my family."

"Or maybe she's a sl*t.", an officer degraded followed by the others laughing along. Her limbs were near giving up in terror.

"Hmm. That could be the case as well, officer wang.", the man standing nearest to her tried to touch her face but she immediately yanked his hand away.