04. Happy moments of a friend

"Thank goodness mom's not home yet"I exhale immediately I walk into the kitchen.

"She would have gone ballistic"Liv says

"You know her so well"Cole says and grabs an apple before walking towards the living room.

"So..... explain"Liv says with a serious face.

I swallow a ball of bile that hung carelessly on my throat.

"Well...I was ease dropping on the ABC News,then out of I don't know,I scoffed"I say not looking at Olivia.

"What were they talking about?"Liv asks me.

"She was talking about Nathan and how she wanted a pierce on her pinna.Alice suggested a fake diamond,but she said she couldn't stoop so low.I scoffed lightly and that idiot called Bianca started an interrogation session with me"I say walking over to the cabinet and grab two large packs of blue and green Doritos.

"Bummer....well"she says with a smirk as I tossed the blue Doritos to her.

"What?"I say opening the chips.

"What where they saying about Nathan?"she winks.

"That he pecked her cheek"I say.

"Oh"Liv says rather disappointed.

"Anyways,he asked of ya"it was my turn to wink.

"Really?"she says with doubt enveloped in her voice.

"Yeah"I smile.She has a look of disappointment on her face."what's up?"

"Oh nothing,but I'd like you to know that a certain someone asked me on a date"Liv squeals.

"Omg!"I yell.

"Can you quiet down a little ladies?"Cole complains,a granola bar in his hand.

"Whatever child"Liv says,making me laugh.

"Who's the lucky guy?"I say wiggling my eyebrows,causing a light pink colour to spread across Liv's cheeks.

"Jacob asked me if we could go grab some dinner and I was hesitant to reply at first"she says.

"Then?"I urge her to continue.

"I could see the urge in his eyes so I said yes"Liv smile.

"Good move sister"I wink.

"Thanks"

"So what time is he coming to pick you up?"I ask as I drown my index in the dip.

"7:30pm"Liv says trying her best not to squeal.

"Great so you have...."I turn around to look at the clock which hung on the wall"three hours and thirty minutes to get ready"I say.

"Alright.I better start straightening my hair"she smiles lightly.

I'm happy for Olivia.She had a boyfriend once but things didn't turn out well.He cheated and instead of apologizing,he called Liv names, telling her she's cheap and easy to get,a simple looking town girl and the one sentence which stung me the most; unworthy....

"So are you still thinking of quitting study hall?"I tease her.

"Nope "Liv says walking to the fridge to collect the tub of chip dip.

Another round of dip?

"Why is that?"I ask stealing some of her chips while she spoons some dip into a small bowl.

"That's because that's where Jacob asked me for the dinner silly.We'd be able to meet up plus,that's the only class we have together so yeah"she grins widely.