7

"That's a stupid decision!" Regina said, glaring at Patrick as he wore his scuba gear.

He scowled.
"What is? This? Do you have a better idea to pinpoint the source of the leakage?"

Regina began pacing. "I don't know what in the world Mrs Binti was thinking, pairing two of us for this exploration."

Patrick mumbled something incoherent before saying, "Leave that out of the discussion. Let's just get this job done and get out of here."

Regina slowly wore her scuba gear, leaned over the dork and took a deep breath.

"Still scared of drowning?" Patrick asked, observing her hesitation.

She gave him a stink eye and dove into the water. 

Together, they navigated the murky waters of the Delta Creeks.

Finally, they found the leaking part of the oil pipe and began taking pictures of the damage.

Suddenly, through their communication line, Patrick heard Regina's sharp intake of air.

Alarmed, he whirled to face her, only to see that her oxygen tank had been punctured.

Wide-eyed and heart-in-throat, Patrick swam to her and tried to help her swim back to the surface.

She was unconscious by the time he got her back on the dork.

"Wake up, Regina! I can't let you die!" he said as he commenced CPR and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Suddenly, she spurted out water from her nose and mouth.

Relieved, he hugged her tight.

"I need to breathe," Regina rasped.

"Oh, right, sorry."

Awkward silence.

"Um, I guess I should thank you for saving my life... again."

"You're like a precious pearl to me, Regina. You have always been."

Tears burned her eyes. "But you left me hanging a week before our Introduction, remember? We're over."

"I wasn't thinking straight then. I still love you, Regina!"

"I do too. I always will," she said softly.