امید کی راہ

A Path to Hope

This is the story of Zain Ghazanfar: The son of a criminal mastermind, who became a man with a checkered past. A divorcee hated by his ex-wife, who became the father his son deserved. A broken soul wandering on a road to redemption, who found one of life's most valuable assets - hope.

And the tale of Ameerah Sheikh: A friend in need is a friend indeed, goes the saying

And the tale of Ameerah Sheikh: A friend in need is a friend indeed, goes the saying. Ameerah was twice that friend despite seemingly unrequited love. Forced by a past that haunted her and a present where she sought to atone for a teenage mistake, she was the sunshine that lit up the darkest of skies - even as it dimmed the flame within her.

 Forced by a past that haunted her and a present where she sought to atone for a teenage mistake, she was the sunshine that lit up the darkest of skies - even as it dimmed the flame within her

امید کی راہ (Path to Hope) is the culmination of a journey towards redemption - a personal battle to right the wrong, and to fight the demons within. But above all it is a narrative about hope. For if the conscience is nurtured, mistakes accepted and rectified, and penalty paid, even the most flawed among us deserve a second chance.

All it takes is one person to believe.

To be the Rah, the beautiful path that illuminates a way out of a sinfully dark past.

*******

Thank you again for giving this story a chance. As I've said before it has never been my intention to glorify abuse and makes heroes out of criminals. However, Zain is a character that has done the hard work both on himself in PoP and as you'll see in the next few chapters is trying to fix the damage he did to those around him. If you sympathize with him, I ask that you do it because of this hard work and not purely because he had a traumatic childhood. Past trauma does not excuse present abusive behavior. Just as a one's past, does not necessarily dictate one's future. Everyone can choose differently.

Zain did. Just as Ameerah did.

Want to know how two damaged people become perfectly right for each other? Hit that ⭐ and I will start writing the prologue of their story, the first one in this collection of short stories.