Concealed 🌊 3 🌊

There was something about those two bangles that made Vikrant uncomfortable. He didn't knew if he was uncomfortable or if he was reminded of something.

He felt like it was yesterday when he was alone with her.

It was fifteen days after his marriage and he and his wife were asked to go to their Village. Vikrant being the only son of Singhania's had a lavish wedding. So much lavish that he wasn't sure if he had seen his wife clearly. His wedding was arranged in an arranged manner where he was said clearly.

"Aap ab sattais (27) ke ho gaye hain. Yeh sahi umar hai. Kuch saal ek dusre ko samajhne mein lag jayenge."

It was his grandmother who had him in her iron fist. She was a little strict but that was only upto the family traditions. Being the only son in the family, also has its repercussions.

His old lady was also like that. As a result after scrutinising the prospective brides, he was married to her.

The doe shaped eyed girl who was a little odd as her him.

The only thing Vikrant knew about his wife was that she was younger than him and his protests were not taken into account. She was educated, she was having the qualities of a wife that his grandmother approved.

Vikrant was working in his room. The "Pushtaini Haveli" was located in the outskirts of the city. The haveli though was old but was well maintained and Vikrant and his wife were there for the "Kul Devi Puja" along with the whole family. It was more like a holiday for others.

Vikrant was busy in some of his work when she entered, the slight chimes of her Payal made him look at her and the thing that he noticed was a big iron spatula in her hand.

His marriage has taken good fifteen days and a lot of work was compiled as the result.

Him working at a good post has given some leverage but still he was needed to work. The leaves were extended for more five days in addition for him opting for working remotely till he could join back.

"Aap hamen bata dijiye aap kya khayenge.?"

Her sweet voice disturbed him and he, who was again doing his wife looked at the disturbance who was standing on the door. His wife of few days was draped in a light blue green shiffon saree, her hands filled with bangles. He could see the toe rings adorning her bare feet and her parting filled with sindoor. The small diamonds glittering her neck, the mangalsutra she was wearing.

Vikrant was stumped.

She looked beautiful, he thought but the next moment his gaze followed her eyes which were anticipating some answers.

"Aapko yeh sab karne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai, haveli mein maids hain.. servants bhi hain." He answered her not her question but something he wanted from her. He could see the faded mehendi in her hands and the her hair were tied in a messy bun out of which some tendrils were coming on her face.

His eyes went towards her, he was still tired from the festivities of the marriage and here his wife was looking so fresh every single day.

He was tempted to ask her, what does she eat and even thought to himself about her.

"Aisi konsi Jadi booti khati hai yeh? Roz aisi hi dikhti hai?"

"Hum jaante hain, lekin Dadiji ne hamen kaha hai ki aaj hume sab khud banana hai. Toh aapse puchne bejha hai. Toh bataiye kya khayenge aap?" She asked again.

Being married was not in her to do lists that time but when Vikrant's alliance came. She couldn't say anything. She had to leave her studies and get married. That's what happens in her family. Get the girl married to in an appropriate age and that age varies after twenty to mid twenties. So, she also had no say. She had met him twice and had nothing to deny.