05 - CHASING CIRCLES.

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘.

          He hadn't meant to call JJ Maybank

          He hadn't meant to call JJ Maybank. Truly. He hadn't. Maybe it was how painful things felt as he was coming down from his high. Or the ache that rooted itself deep into his chest thinking about Rafe and all the other things that came with him. Jude didn't know. But what he did know , was that he was walking towards the beach in an all too familiar spot with his head hanging low and hands stuffed in his pockets. Feeling partially embarrassed.

JJ glanced over as soon as he heard feet slapping against the sand. He spun around with his signature smile that soon fell flat when he realized the state Jude was in. "Dude. ."

Jude's skin was deathly pale. Dark circles more noticeable than before. They were sunken in , and he could see the sun that was setting around them more clearly. His nose was as red as a cherry tomato. "Are you sick or something?" JJ asked , concern lacing them.

Jude shrugged and sat down. Bringing his knees towards his chest to rest his arms on. "Yeah. It's not anything contagious."

JJ squinted his eyes at the monotonous voice coming from Jude's mouth. "Did you take medicine? No offense but you look like shit."

"None taken." Jude assured. He knew he did. Suddenly he felt self conscious. Nervously itching the back of his neck. Out of all the people in the world to callit had to have been him. Jude wished he knew why.

JJ grew silent as he thought of what to say. What to do. He also hadn't been expecting Jude to be the one to reach out first. Biting the inside of his cheek , JJ sat down beside him. He stared at the side of his face and didn't care that he was. Something was off. Something seemed off. Whatever it was began to worry him.

"What's wrong?"

Jude sucked in a deep breath. Everything and anything was on the tip of his tongue. He wanted to spill his guts out and let it all free. All the secrets buried him , suffocating the inside of him. He couldn't. Shaking his head , Jude dug in his pockets for his pack of cigarettes and a lighter. "Nothing." He breathed out.