10|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

" Ha…

Dil charkhe ki ik tu dori
Sufi iska rang haaye

Ismein jo tera khwaab piroya
Neendein bani patang

Dil bharta nahi,
Aankhein rajti nahi.....
Dil bharta nahi
Aankhein rajti nahi

Chahe kitna bhi dekhti jaun
Waqt jaaye mai rok na paun

Tu thodi der aur ther ja,sohneya

Tu thodi der aur ther ja, zaalima....
Tu thodi der aur ther ja "

A drop of tear rolled down her face as Dua stopped singing. Today she had completed her last exam and she was positive that she'd pass with flying colours. However it was still not enough to make her heart happy. There was a feeling of emptiness in her heart and no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't stop crying. The overwhelming realisation that she'll no longer be going to her school with her friends didn't help her either.

But exactly what triggered her ?

Azaan Jamshed Ali.

Earlier in the evening, Irham and Seher had ordered a cake as a celebration for her exam completion. Aamirah had gathered everyone around the huge circular table to wish her sister.

She happily cut the cake and fed everyone as Ayaan caged her and Seher applied the frosting over her face.

However she kept looking at the door, waiting for someone. Her wandering eyes did not go unnoticed by anyone but they were sensible enough to not tease her too much.

She stomped her food and rushed towards Faraaz and whined.

" Bhai ! Dekhein, mere face pe laga diya inhone. "

He pulled her to himself and showed eyes to his brother and sister.

" Kyu chhedte ho usse !? "
She stuck her tongue out for the two to see as Zaraan chuckled at his sister.

Faraaz picked up a few tissues and slowly cleaned Dua's face who was busy arguing with Seher over something extremely insignificant.

Just as he wiped the cream off her cheek, the door opened revealing a very exhausted Azaan, he had his coat on one arm and phone in the other. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up making him look extremely attractive.

" Azaan bhai aaye, Dua ke liye cake order Kiya hai hamne. Aaj uska school informally khatam ho gaya hai.  "
Seher asked him to come to them.

Dua smiled to herself while murmuring, “ informally kya hota hai !? ”

She could care less though, her mind was almost too busy looking at her husband to hear or process whatever Seher was saying.

Azaan's gaze hardened as Dua smiled at him and he nodded at her saying,

" Congrats Dua "
That was all he said before making his way up the stairs.

Dua wiped the ears off her face and continued gazing at the moon. A car horn  drew her attention as she saw through the window that Azaan was coming in. She frowned realising that he had gone out so late at night.

Before she knew, she was walking out her door to the corridor. As she reached the stair case she saw Azaan standing in front of it. His hand had a crepe bandage wrapped around the knuckles.