02|Tune Jo Na Kaha

" We will take her home then. That's final. "

Shahzain declared leaving no room for any doubts. Mahnoor leaned on Zeenat's shoulder as she looked at the corpses in front of her.

" Meri jaan, honsla rakho. "
Zeenat held her and tried to console but it went without saying that no words could ever provide her the warmth she needed to fix her crumbled heart.

" Danish, Shahzain. Ham nikal rahe hai, tum dono saari formalities poori kar ke aana. "
She led Mahnoor out of the hospital, supporting her body completely.

" Ma, gaadi gate par hai. Aap pohonchiye, ham dono shaam tak aayenge. "

Zeenat and Mahnoor sat in the car as the driver drove them home, while here in the cabin, Danish went through the reports and Shahzain finally asked him, with all the courage he could muster.

" Was she........harassed ? "

He barely remembered hearing anything about her back when he was a child but her state was pretty heartbreaking, even for a stranger.

" No. Our experts discussed this, bruises hai, khoon baha hai and she has a major injury in her upper arm on the right hand. "

A sigh of relief left his lips at this,

" Let's talk about Fabia bhabhi. She seems to be doing great. "

He diverted the topic and this immediately brought a little smile on his face.

" 3 weeks ho gaye hai and as of now everything seems to be great. "

Fabia was pregnant for the second time and the entire family was more than excited.

" Rasha doesn't let bhabhi lift a spoon, she'll go crazy like this. "

He chuckled, telling him what he heard from his bhabhi.

" Let's not go there, Rasha hamari sunne se rahi. "

The two friends shared a laugh at that.

•|•

" Aao, andar chalo. "

Zeenat gently led her inside while holding her hand and Rasha was quick to come.

" Ammi ! Mai le jaun ? "

She asked eagerly, she had heard of what had happened to her and her heart broke for the poor girl.

" Ha bilkul, inke kamre me le jaao. Kapde aur kuchh nashta mai bhijwati hun. "

Mahnoor looked up at the chirpy girl and frowned when she entangled their hands together, Mahnoor frowned.

This was probably the first reaction she gave off in days.

" Chalo, tum na is room me aaram se reh sakti ho. Mai dekh ke aati hu ki tumhare kapde kaha rakhwaye hai ! "

Rasha blabbered and walked out of the room. Mahnoor, on the other hand, looked at the door and then looked at the pale white walls of the room.

The house was really big and the decoration was also very beautiful however, she could not help but pretty much relate everything she saw in here and constantly think of her house.

Here eyes stood void of any emotion as she looked at Rasha standing on the floor with a pair of kurtis in her hand.

Those grossly reminded her of the ones her mother used to get for her.

" Yeh lo, tum kapde change kar lo. Khana bhi ready hai. "

The first word she let out of her lips was,

" Shukriya "

Rasha gave her a bright smile and said,

" It's ok. "

And she was out on her way. Mahnoor closed the door, looking on her right at the window.

The sky was dark and cloudy, gloomy, just as her own self.

She let out a sigh as she closed the curtains and windows. The night sky reminded her of the night she was robbed of the most precious thing in her life, her parents.

She stood in front of the mirror as she removed the shirt she was wearing, a little gasp left her when her eyes fell on the fadimg purple bruise marks all over her waist and arms.

Her eyes teared up when she moved closer to the mirror and touched the reflection on her neck, which seemed to have a fading red bruise.

A knock on the door made her turn immediately and she was quick to change into the fresh pair of clothes, she had been given, wincing when the cloth would touch the bruise making it sting.

She opened the door with the dirty hospital clothes in her left hand. Zeenat stood at the door, watching the little girl look down at her feet.

She smiled a little and gently took the dirty clothes from her hold and said,

" Aapse baat karna chah rahe the, lekin pehle niche chal ke kuchh kha lijiye. "

Mehnoor gave her a little nod and was about to take her dirty clothes back when Zeenat caressed her head and lovingly told her,

" Ye ham rakh dete hai. Aap niche jaye. Aur itna hichkichaye nahi, ab se ye aapka hi ghar hai. "

Mahnoor looked at her with a sharp glare and wanted to scream that this wasn't her home. This was not her house, this is not where she belongs.

But looking down again, she realised that as much as she hated it, this was probably the truth because now that she had no family left, there was probably nothing she could call herself anymore.

She followed Zeenat, her eyes never leaving the floor. As she led their way, Zeenat made up her mind to talk to her kids as well as Mahnoor for her to settle here.

" Alam, khana serve karo. "

Zeenat said and everyone was now looking at the petite girl, sitting on the right side of the table, the chair that was usually reserved for Shahzain.

Mahnoor looked up and realised that everyone was already looking at her.

" Uhm hi "

Her small, feeble voice made them all smile and Rasha was quick to reply,

" Hi ! "

Her cheerful demeanor was kind of weird for Mahnoor but she realised that they might not know why she's here.

" Mahnoor, beta ye hai Rasha, woh Adil, aur wo hai hamare Adil ki begum Fabia. Aur hamare dono nanhe shaitaan aate hi honge. "

Zeenat introduced Mahnoor to everyone in hopes that she might feel a little more comfortable with them.

Soon the food was served and Mahnoor realised that there were like 15 different dishes. A lot of which were her favourites.

Zeenat herself made the plate for Mahnoor and said,

" Khaiye, aapko taqat ki zarurat hai. "

•|•

This one is so bland 😶‍🌫️

I'll be posting the next part of Thodi Der day after tomorrow.

Love