CHAPTER 7 - The Banners Residence

Everyone soon headed to the table to have a seat to discuss the trip. Though there weren't many seats for everyone, only one short. In a small act of kindness, Ashlyn's mother offered her seat to the H/C girl instead. It was a nice gesture, but she refused. Naturally, it was normal for people to refuse, but the woman was firm, insisting she had it.

"It's okay, I can just stand," Y/N reassured her, but the woman was persistent she had the seat, so she didn't argue any further, since after all, they were just being nice to their guest. "Um, thank you, miss." She then took the seat, sitting beside the empty seat that is Ashlyn's.

'Why am I here again?' She questioned, feeling a slight tinge of regret. The girl thought back to when she said she wouldn't join Aiden in his quest to get Ashlyn on the field trip.

(Flashback)

"C'mon on. It will be fun." Aiden stood there, still persistent Y/N to go with him.

'Oh. My. God. How can someone be so annoying and so persistent!' Y/N has been standing here for the past seven minutes or so, clenching her fist so as not to snap.

"So, are you coming?"

"Aiden, would you just take the hint already? I met you and Ashlyn today! I barely know a single thing about any of you, and you're suddenly inviting me to her house to get her to join in the trip."

"Pretty much, yeah."

"Do you realize that this is just a group project? Look, if doesn't want to come, leave her be. You can't force someone to go somewhere they don't want to. She even told you she doesn't want to go, and you'll just have to accept that. Another thing, why do you want me to come anyway when we just met? Unless you have attachment problems or something?" She then waited for a response from the blonde while placing a hand on her hip, but the answer she was looking for was far from logical.

"Hm, I guess," He paused, placing a hand by his neck, his gaze not meeting hers while trying to find a response. "I don't know. All I know is when I'm around you, it's fun!" He shrugged, a smile on his face as he did so.

'So harassing me makes it fun for you...' Her eye twitched slightly. "Are you serious? How can you like someone's company when you've just met them?" Y/N stared at him, seeing a smile on the blonde's face as he stood there not answering the girl's question.

'He's... Getting on my nerves.' Y/N shook her head, her hands at the brink of her nose. 'This whole conversation by far isn't getting me anywhere. I have to do something about it. Should I just walk away and just not go?'

She looked over her shoulder seeing the family still waiting for the two. Aiden's parents seemed to be on an important call while Ben stood there with a neutral expression. Y/N honestly wanted to drop all this and head back inside, drawing on her sketchbook while on her bed, one that has helped her most inner problems, as well as granted her peace.

She wants to leave, but she is not sure about that when Aiden keeps bugging her. It was annoying to the point that she wouldn't even care if she yelled at him to stop, but her kind-hearted side chose not to resolve that.

Y/N turned her head to Aiden only to see a smile plastered on his face. The blonde stared at the annoyed girl without realizing her impending rage lingering inside her mind as he stared at her with a tilted smile. The girl began wondering if he even understood the concepts of personal space.

She lets out a sigh, feeling tired and annoyed that he wasn't getting her point. "Y'know what, I'm leaving. I've been here long enough to know you wouldn't comprehend what I'm saying. So Aiden, please leave. I'll see you at school." She then left, leaving the blonde behind, standing there as he watched her walk away from him.