CHAPTER 26 - Secret Of Ben

The memory brought back a feeling she never thought she would experience again. It had happened before, but she never expected something she had given up on to resurface. Without realizing it, she felt a soft tingling sensation on her cheeks as a tear rolled down her face. As she gazed at her reflection, tears were visible streaming down her face.

When she saw her tears, she stopped for a moment and stared at them, feeling a brief moment of confusion

When she saw her tears, she stopped for a moment and stared at them, feeling a brief moment of confusion. After a few seconds, she understood what was happening and spoke, even though her voice was shaky.

"Haha, what the... am I... really crying?" Y/N touched her face and felt the tears streaming down. She knew they were her own. Pathetic... this is... Haha..."

Suddenly, more tears kept coming, they wouldn't stop. She wanted this feeling to go away, it hurt as much as when she felt angry. But no matter how much she wiped them away, more tears kept flowing.

'Why is this happening to me? Why did I suddenly have to remember that, why now? Why me…' She thought, hugging her arms as tears continuously poured down her cheeks

After some time, the tears stopped, and she honestly felt a bit more relaxed knowing she had let it out, even though unintentionally it calmed her. Glancing away from the mirror, she realized she had been in her room for quite some time, meaning class had already started. Though she still didn't feel the need to go, she knew it was necessary. Before leaving, she took one more look at herself and wiped her face to get rid of any evidence of her crying. Once she was done, she left and headed to class. When she arrived, all eyes turned towards the door.

Everyone, including the group, looked at her. The teacher noticed her presence and looked at her with confusion.

"Y/N, you're here. I heard from the group that you weren't feeling well. But seeing you here now, it seems you're better," Mr. Thomas said with a smile.

She looked at the group; it seemed they had made up an excuse for her absence.

"You can take a seat," Mr. Thomas said as she made her way to her seat.