42. Pleasure partner

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow! 

**********************************************************

The dusky blues of the evening nestled across the Military camp in a thick and heavy chill-bite. As the dispersing cold ate away at the Generals' rugged skin, what ate him away the most was the blistering sound of Lieutenant Bing Ze's constant bug-like bothersome nagging.

"So how long are you going to evade my presence like it's some invalidated life of an earthworm that has zero use to you?"

Because that's what you are.

The General held back what was at the edge of his tongue, his hand brushing across the parchment- turning a blind eye to this maniac that seems failing about like a crab that lost its pincers. Haoran had mastered the art of ignoring fools and clowns.

"Why won't you answer me, Imperial General?"

And so the General had absolutely no qualms about regarding the lieutenant like some nonexistent piece of nose hair and going about his day. However, even his immunity against the nonsense of a malfunctioning brick like the lieutenant comes to a halt when the power of clownery increases–that is when all his lieutenants ally against him.

General Haoran face-palmed. Now all three of his lieutenants were crowding around him with some genuine and one pseudo worried look on their faces.

"General, are you really not going to expose us–your companions at times of tempests and trials – who is this beauty you desire to bed? It can't be... that you suspect we would seduce her for ourselves? This Lieutenant is thoroughly disappointed." The one being a hopeless fool was Bing Ze.

"General, are you alright? Your spouse left in quite the unpleasant temperament that day as he departed and we also heard sounds of glass breaking... it couldn't be that he tried to shatter the ink bottle on your head?" The worried one was Shen Yue.

Exasperated, General Haoran asked, "Lieutenant Jiang, you don't have anything to add?"

"I simply hope the General doesn't divulge the name of the beauty to whom the General holds such intentions because I do not trust Lieutenant Bing Ze to not steal her." Picking a fight with Lieutenant Bing Ze was Lieutenant Jiang.

"What the hell, you piece of shit!" Lieutenant Bing Ze grasped Jiang by the collar and they began prowling on the ground.

"Come now, stop this." Shen Yue stepped in between them, his arms pressing against either of their chests to keep them from biting each other's heads off.

General Haoran gazed into nothingness, the clamour and noise around him breaking into deafness and indifference in his countenance. Realising his feelings was no different from seeing he was about to be slaughtered from behind on the battlefield. He knew his demise

was here, but he was always a step too late to avoid. And so he had to take it- the sword that would either pierce his back, even if he knew it'd hurt.

"What is your problem? This has nothing to do with you," Bing Ze spat.

"It is my place to ask of you that!" Lieutenant Jiang pressed him down by the forearm. "What in the suns is your problem? Why would you think it is appropriate to want to bed the same person the General does?"

"And what's wrong with that? We military comrades spend nights in the pleasure houses with the same person now and then. Pleasure partners get changed around all the time–even they enjoy it–"

Bang!

The General stood up, toppling the next ink bottle in the process. His expression was unfathomable and ominously dark, as he said,