News

'Oh, you all too clever fox.' Rayna smiled into the kiss, her hands traveling down his chest.

    'Aye, captain.' Eris murmured into the skin of her neck.

  She was seated on his lap, his hands tangled in her hair. They probably missed breakfast, but neither cared.

   'Rayna!' A knock on the door followed by Killian's voice echoed through the room.

 She sighed annoyed, she made to raise but Eris pulled her back.

  'Can't you tell your play husband to wait?' He asked, biting her neck.

 Rayna laughed, pushing him away. She fixed her shirt and hair in the small mirror before throwing Eris one last look.

   'Patience.' She said before disappearing through the door.

 The smile on her face fell the moment she saw Killian's expression.

   'What's wrong?' She asked as soon as they were alone back in his chambers.

 Killian rested his head in his hands, hair messy.

  'The village we were in both Summer and Autumn were attacked.'

  The color left Rayna's face, as she used the wall to keep herself steady.

  'Maybe it's a coincidence.' She whispered, not even being able to convince herself.

 Killian let out a humorless laugh, shaking his head.

   'Come on, Ray, you are far from foolish. Did you drop the glamour at any point?' He asked.

 She frowned trying to remember. Of course, not would have been her first answer. But then se recalled the man in Autumn Court, right before they left. She didn't mean to, but for a second maybe the glamour dropped. And they both knew one second was enough for the King of Hybren or her old jailer to have sensed her, they were waiting.

   'Fuck!' Killian slammed his chair into the nearest wall.

 Rayna forced her terror away and her brain to work again. She moved through the room, throwing things into bags.

  'I have to go. Leave me next to the Wall, I'll make them lose my scent by the time I shall reach the Mortal Lands.' She urged her voice to sound strong as she voiced her decision.

 It was clear on Killian's face that he did not wish to let her leave alone, but there was no other choice. She needed to go.

  'You are leaving?'

 Rayna turned around in time to see Eris walk in, looking around the room confused.

  'I'm afraid so, I am needed elsewhere.' The lie fell easily off her lips.

She threw the bag she had just finished packing over her shoulder, moving onto the next one.

  'Then, I'll come with you.' He said, making both Killian and Rayna stop to stare at him. 'You saved my life, I wish to help you so at least I can feel like I've returned the favor.'

  'No.' Her voice sounded definitive, no room for arguing.

 Killian stopped for a moment, looking between the two.

  'At least he can draw the fire.' He suggested.

 A look passed on Rayna's face, that neither of them could recognize.