chapter three

THE THREE WERE LOOKING AT ALL THE WANTED POSTERS that littered the wall. Koby nervously looked at Alvida's whilst Luffy rambled on about how his face should be on the wall. [name] sighed, but kept an eye on the area around them. She was really hungry and they had been standing here for the past twelve minutes listening to Luffy.

She spotted a bar not too far from where they were and grabbed the two boy's collars, before pulling them along with her. They had no other option, but to just let her drag them.

Inside the bar, Luffy was happily filling his stomach with food whilst Koby stared anxiously at the marine soldiers around them. What was [name] doing? She was hanging out with the little girl at the bar table. They were laughing about the stories that she was telling the little girl and occasionally pointing at a few marines and making fun of them.

The bar door burst open and a man with green hair walked in carrying a strangely shaped bag. He walked up to the bar and sat on a stool, placing the bag onto the stool next to his.

"A bottle for me and on my friend for my friend." He murmured to the bartender. "He's had a rough day."

She went off looking for his drink. The little girl [name] was talking to got up and ran away, making her pout childishly. She turned to the new green haired guy.

"Yo, that body real?"

He stared at her with zero emotion, from what she could tell, and nodded. She bobbed her head with an impressed look and turned back to her empty plate.

The little girl came back, this time with a plate and mysterious food item on it.

The male looked at her, "What's this?"

"Rice balls, for you!" She beamed proudly, pushing the plate towards his direction.

[name] awed at the cute little girl and her kindness to the green haired stranger.

"You made them yourself?" He asked, to which she hummed proudly.

"What's the brown stuff?"

"Chocolate! Makes everything taste better."

[name] silently watched their interaction, cooing at the little girl. She loves kids.

The woman behind the counter calls Rika. However as she turns around, her plate collides with the chest of a man and falls to the floor.

The whole bar falls silent, as they watch.

"You stupid, stupid girl." The new man shouts angrily, crushing the rice balls beneath his shoes.

Luffy's attention is drawn to the scene, watching quietly.

Rika gasps, face twisted in a sad and scared expression. Her mother mumbles to her along the the lines of 'Rika, apologise to our guest', but her voice is masked by the blond mans yapping.

"Why don't you watch where you're going?"

[name] internally mocks his irritating voice.

Rika looks up in fright and trust to stutter out and apology, "I'm, I'm so sorry."

[name] physically reacts when the man has the audacity to mock the poor girl. She got up to act, but halted in place as she heard the green haired man speak up.

"You dropped my food."

Everyone looks on in confusion as he drops down on one knee. He picks up some of the rice balls that was crushed and eats it.

Bold, but disgusting.

"Mhm, delicious." He says, which brought a smile to Rika's face.

He brings the plate back up, "Now you eat one,"

However, the blond haired annoyance laughs.

"And apologize to the girl."

Tension increases in the bar as the two men get closer. As much as [name] loved a good fight, she knew that a bar full of marines would be hard to handle. Unless there were other pirates hiding that would fight.

The blind haired glared, "Do you know who I am?"

"A shithead marine with a bad haircut."

[name] would have laughed if the other guy didn't pull out his sword.

However, instead of being alarmed, the green haired man just simple said, "I wouldn't do that."

The other guy, wanting to fight so bad, decided to edge him on. Laughing loudly after mocking his three swords. He boldly states that he only needs one, which finally gets the attention of the other guy again.

"Okay," He agrees, "But it's gonna hurt."

Three seconds and the cocky guy was already down. [name] laughs loudly, pointing at the loser on the floor. Her laughing fit was over in seconds too apparently because all the other marines decided to step in.

The green haired man put everyone of them to a stop, all without pulling out a single blade. [Name] is yanked from the back by a strong grip, to which she responded with swinging her head back. The marine groaned, loosing his grip on her shirt, and letting her free to fall. She catches herself and uses her legs, tripping the stupid marine.

After she determined that he was out, she celebrated on the spot before heading to find Luffy.

authors note

wrote this while babysitting, but this goes out to my very loyal reader whom I promised to update the story to