Chapter 6 - leaving home

Hi everyone before I start this chapter I just thought I would let you know that I am also posting this story on webnovel and it would mean so much to me if you could show it some love on there! It's the exact same title as this book! Thank you so much now onto the story!

——————————————-

I stand at the front of the ceremony with Kiri, lo'ak, neteyam, tuk and neytiri. We watch in silence as tarsem is crowned the new olo'eyktan. I cover my face with my hands as I knew what was going to happen next. The leader must die for their for their to be a new one so for that to happen Jake must be stabbed. I hear tarsem yell as he stabs Jake. I keep my head buried unable to watch. Neteyam taps me on the shoulder letting me know I can look now. Jake looks so upset as he walks forward. The crowd of na'vi separates creating a path for us to walk through. Jake leads the way and we follow behind him. I can hear neytiri sob from In front of me. I feel a pain in my chest as it suddenly becomes real. This is it. We are leaving.

————————————
(Sorry their will be a few of these)
————————————

"Are you ready?" Neteyam says with a sad face. I nod and he pulls me up onto syura. I sit In front of him. I hope I am wearing appropriate clothing. Jake told me that the way there will be quite warm but the nights will be cold. So I decided to wear a navy blue knitted jumper, my black cargo pants and my boots. I was close with a lady in the lab and she loved sowing and making clothes for me, it was always so exciting for me to get new clothes especially from her. "Hello? Sophie are you there?" Neteyam says breaking my out of my thoughts. We were already in the air on our way, one of neteyams arms wrapped tightly around my waist the other holding onto the saddle.

"How long is the journey anyway?" I ask neteyam curiously. I'm not sure why but I'm in a very talkative mood.

"Uhm about 3 days estimated without stopping. Which I don't think we will be." My jaw dropped.

"Without stopping? How am I meant to sleep and eat and piss!" I said shocked.

"You can sleep I'm the one who can't sleep. And we will eat when we get there skxwang and i don't know about the other thing!" He says. I frown.

"Hey neteyam can we play eye spy." I say stretching my arms. Neteyam chuckles.

"Sure why not." He says I smile.

"I'll go first. Eye spy with my little eye something that is..blue!" I say I can feel neteyam move around to look.

"Uhh the ocean." He says chuckling. I groaned .

"Yeaaa your right, now your turn." This game continued for what seems like hours. Eventually night fell and my eyes grew sleepy. I tried to rub them but due to my mask I couldn't, forgot about that.

"Go to sleep soph I can feel your tiredness from here." Neteyam says from behind me. I sigh.

"I can't it's to uncomfortable, and then your up on your own." I say with a yawn. Neteyam chuckled shaking his head. Before I could even acknowledge it neteyam put both hands on my waist and quickly put me the other way to face him. His left arm moved to wrapping around my back and the other one held the saddle again. I yawned as my face pressed against his warm skin. Suddenly I felt my eyes go heavy and my mind go blank as my body completely relaxes against neteyam.