Author's Note

I'm delighted that you've reached the end of this book. Dear Reader, you are a part of this journey, a piece of this story that I'll always look forward to. You may not know the person I'm writing this for, but I hope you enjoyed this journey.

I don't like leaving notes for readers, but I think it's time that I share something about this since when I woke up on a random Monday morning, I saw this blowing up. I feel like I want to connect with you all.

So I wrote this for a person I literally admire. Then, writing the last few poems of this collection, I realized that the feelings I felt were slowly fading (I am clowning), which helped this build up and draw to a conclusion.

I am so driven by my love that I have dedicated an entire poem collection to a person. Don't get me started on those that I called "From the Drafts" poems that I've written before this.

Storytime, I saw a random post saying "Everyone becomes a poet when they are in love," and I was like, "No way, that's hitting me hard!" Because in reality, in order to shout my deep longing and admiration for a person, I write. A year ago I randomly became a poet writing poems for a person. It doesn't make sense; why am I writing?

And I write because I need to. I need everyone to hear the voice I'm shouting, including the person I admire the most. It has become the bridge to express my love, even if that person never knew it. It felt like a message in a bottle, waiting for it to get to that person.

For someone whose English is not their first language, and I may say I'm not fluent, I have written as far as I can. I promise to improve; that's why I continue to write.

And just like that, you're a witness to an excerpt from my life's chapter. Reader, since you've reached the end of this poem collection, I would like you to introduce About Us Again's twin:

For the Betterment of Us

It is on my Wattpad account too! I feel like there's nothing new about my new poem collection. Just a healed, wiser version of myself.

Reader, thank you again. I know some of you are hopelessly longing for someone, and that's okay. You could wait patiently, you could write a poem, and you could be everything for a person. And if you'll ever change a person, change for the better. Don't let them eat you as a whole. I am madly in love, but I promised I'd never put myself down.

Time will come.
The heart loves to love so don't stop loving.