30

2023

"Melissa!"

"Melissa please!

Melissa ignores her boyfriends calls for her as she keeps walking quick to har car.
"Melissa!"

Melissa turns around. "Que? Pablo? Youve been acting different lately, pointing out things that bother you that never have before, then you let your friends insult me like that?!"

Pablo walks up to her and tries to take her hands, but she moves away. "It's not Alejandro's fault"
Melissa scoffs. "Every time you've came back from his house or training you're in a bad mood. Not only that, but I saw the face he made me the other day at home and how you instantly reacted." She argues

Pablo shakes his head and tries to reach for her again, Just for her to move away, closer to the car.
"No. I can take your random mood swings but I will
Not take you letting yourself get manipulated and you defending someone who disrespects me." She shes, opening the car door, getting it started and driving off before Pablo even had a chance to get closer.

Pablo watches as Melissa drives off in her car.
"Joder" he breathes out, running his hands through his brown hair.
Putting his hands down, he quickly reaches for his phone. Clicking on her contact, only for it to get instantly declined.

"FUCK" he shouts, anger taking over as he throws his phone to the ground.
Only for the shattering sound go make it more mad.

.

.

.

Melissa's frown turns into a smile we she walks through the front door of her house.
She's greeted by the sound of small pattering feet against the floor.
"Hi Mami!" Estela says running over to her mom.
Melissa picks up the little girl. Needing nothing more than a hug from her daughter.
"Where's papi?" The young girl asks, looking around to not seeing her dad anymore.
The young mom is about to respond but he father walks into the room.
"How was dinner?" He ask, placing a kiss on his granddaughter and daughters cheek.
"It was good..Um..Pa Can me and Estela stay with you for tonight" she Asks in a low voice.
Concern flashes the fathers face but he decided not to question her in front of the toddler.
He simply nods, receiving a grateful smile for his daughter.
"See bebe, we're going to have a sleep over at abuelos" Melissa tells the girl.

Estela cheers at her moms words. "Can I bring my stuffy?" She asks.
"Of course you can, now let's go back our bag" she tells her, walking passed her dad then heading up the stairs where she quickly started to get their bag ready for the night.

Ready to leave, Melissa hands Estela to her dad as long as their bag before heading to the kitchen for one final thing.
Grabbing a sticky note and pen, she rights a note for Pablo to see when he comes home cause she knew he wasn't actually going to not come home.

staying at my dad tonight I'll be home tomorrow
-M

An 40 minutes later, Pablo arrives. His breathing heavy from having a sprint his way home in hopes to talk to his girlfriend.
"Melissa!" He calls outs.
nothing.
"Amor!" He calls out for his daughter and girlfriend.
But still nothing.
He quickly walks around his house looking for his two girls but he fails and all he finds his a simple note on the kitchen counter.
Hitting the kitchen counter out of anger, he walks over to the house phone that his mom insisted that they installed.
It quickly dials her number.
Only for it to go straight to voice mail.
Sighing. He places the phone back and leans his head against the wall. "Give her some time, she'll be back tomorrow" he thinks to himself.

Slowly makes his way up the stairs to the bedroom.
He thinks over and over about want happened around one hour ago.
Regret fills the young boy. Knowing that everything that Melissa said was true.
He let Alejandro get into his head for what?
because he was being a good boyfriend and a good father?
He felt stupid for getting manipulated that easily.

He's 18, has a full time job, a daughter and is with the girl of his dream and his jealous friend was able to get into his head that fast?
Pablo was mad at himself. Estela and Melissa don't deserve someone so weak minded.

He sighs, throwing himself onto the bed, reaching out to grab the stuffed animal Estela had left there this morning.
Holding the small bear close to his chest.

A/n: another short chapter.
Thank you sm for 1k hearts!!! Love you all