Bonus 3

5 years later
2029

"Papi?." Pablo looks away from his 4 month old daughter, Lucia, who laid on a pillow on his lap, and to his 9 year old daughter. Estela stood just a few feet away, a frown and sad eyes trained on her face.
"Que pasa, mi vida?" He questions his daughter.
Estela fidgets with her fingers as she looks away from her dad then down to the floor.
"Where's Mami?" She asks in a small voice. "Her and Marco went to the store, is everything okay?" The 25 year old dad asks her with slight worry in his voice.
The young girl shrugs and rocks back and forth on her heels.
Pablo shifts on the couch, making sure to be careful with the baby on his lap.
He looks at his oldest daughter with concern. "What's wrong?" He asks her.

"I just wanted to ask if I can stay home tomorrow." She asks quietly, looking away from her dad again.
The dad frowns at her question and shakes his head at her, before shifting back again.
"Do you have a fever?" He questions.

"No."

"throwing up?"

"No."

"Not sick?"

"No."

"Diarrhea?"

"No.."

"Why don't you want to go to school?" He asks her, confused.
Estela hesitates for a moment not sure what to say. She had a reason for not wanting to go but she didn't want him to know the reason.
"I don't want to..."she whispers.

"Then no, you can't stay home." Estela sadly sighs at her dad's words and she walks closer to him.
"Please, papi." She begs getting onto the couch next to him.
He shakes his head while looking at the TV.
"No, you aren't staying home just because." He tells her sternly.

Estelas eyes well up with tears as she wraps her arms around him while she keeps trying to convince her father to let her stay home. "Por favor." Her voice cracks as she begs.
Pablo does not look at her but just keeps shaking his head at her.
Estela soon starts to cry. She really didn't want to go to school.
At the sounds of her sister's small cries, Lucia started to cry from her dad's lap.
Pablo mentally huffs as he picks up the little girl in his arms and tries his best to soothe her.
"Estela, stop crying. You're going to school." The dad says standing up from the couch, as he gently bounces the baby in his arms.
Estela hurriedly follows her behind her dad still crying asking him to please let her stay home.
Pablo takes a frustrated deep breath after 10 minutes go by and Lucia is still crying and Estela is still begging.

"Que no, Estela!" He shouts frustratedly at the 9 year old.
"No, Papi! Please! I don't want to go! Please don't make me go." The blue eyes girl cries as she grips onto her dad's leg.

"Que no! Ya para!" He says sternly as he tries to remove the smaller girl from his leg but she refuses, still crying.
"Go to your room. You are going to school tomorrow, and that's final. Okay?" He says as he successfully pulls the girl away from him and pushes her gently to the stairs, meanwhile, still carrying Lucia in his other arm as she cries quietly.

"Que no quiero ir!" Estela cries out, holding onto her dad's arms.
Pablo takes a deep breath and cries to wiggle out his arms from her tiny hands without hurting her, but only ends with Estela wrapping her around his arm around, hugging it tightly to her.
"Papá." She cries holding him.

Pablo lifts up his arm, lifting up the girl who held onto him tightly and proceeds to walks up the stairs. Both girls.

He walks into Estela's room and he wiggles the girl out of his grasp before walking out and heading to Lucia's room to set her down as she was now calmed down and was on the verge of falling asleep
Estela follows her dad and stands outside of her sister's room, hiccuping while she cried.
Pablo turns on the baby monitor then walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.