10: Story of the Forgotten Ones

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

『さらば友よ. あなたまかせの

❝ Purr-well, my friend. I leave it eternally to mew. ❞

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You get it. Waking up in this world where you weren't human, you understood that there are things you couldn't do freely.

Caring for someone is one of them.

Now, you aren't saying it was easy to do so when you were once a human— cause it sure as hell wasn't.

You, too, had difficulties showing you cared. Maybe it's just human nature to hide it, that warmth that settled underneath your heart. Maybe it's just human nature to always stay strong when you don't need to be vulnerable. And maybe, just maybe, it's this human nature of yours that taught you to brush off the urge to care for others.

You were human, yes. But now you are a cat.

Even if you tried so hard to focus only on the sunny side of the world, you knew that you had lost that human part of yourself too. Your free movements, your ability to express yourself, your words, and your thoughts as a human,

But then Tenko came into your life.

At the start, you wanted to leave him alone, but you didn't. So now this little boy stayed by your side too. He just saw you as a cat that appeared one day and stuck around, but to you, he was a reminder of your past. A reminder that you really were a human. That you were once just like him, too.

You've learned to care for him in a way you never thought possible. And he, too, learned to care for you in a way only he could show it.

From making sure he filled the lonely air with his chatter, to feeding you food that you brought for him. He never tried touching you when he understood he could hurt you. Because that's how he cared— that's how he learned to love the only one who stayed by his side.

When you saw Tenko stumble on his feet and you were a few distance away from him, you understood: it wasn't a choice anymore.

It wasn't a choice when you watched the dark-haired student use his Quirk when Tenko touched the chair that he fell upon, nor was it a choice when the boy of clouds hurriedly reached for him.

You moved based on a decision; on an instinct to choose. Because there you were, once a human, leaping off of your feet and standing in front of the boy whom you chose to protect. And you hissed, like you truly were a cat at that moment.

Shirakumo didn't even get a chance to try and process what was happening, because then he's slamming into the ground, eyes wide at your resistance.

He didn't make any move to rush at Tenko. His wide, blue eyes were stuck staring at you, as if he understood what your tensed tail and hiss was saying.

Aizawa also couldn't move. He glared his now red eyes on Tenko, his hair floating around him to clear his sight from using his Quirk.

"Back off!" You continued to hiss— it wasn't a part of those things you could do normally when you woke up in this body. Yet it became so easy to do when you had something to guard.

You know that these two were the least of all people who could hurt Tenko, but at that moment, the thoughts in your head only said that Tenko's heartbeat had spiked up, that you were in danger, and you needed to do something.